Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Painting My Emotions

In the middle of my trauma releasing chaos a few weeks ago I can home and painted this with my hands, its a meter tall and done on a cardboard box.  I dont think Ive really painted with my hands before but it was great.  Very emotional and a bit like a dream, you sort of stand back and feel like.."did I just do that"???

My pain was so raw, it almost looks like Im emerging from the fiery depths of hell! maybe I am!


Or maybe this is an angel who comes in my darkest hour to help me navigate my way thru, believe me I never have prayed so much in my life!


She seems to be blowing fairy dust in front of her all the way down to the sea, the deep swirling emotional sea..  this part disturbed me the most about this picture, wild un tameable seas with bits of red blood for the chuncks that my emotions have ripped from my heart, this needed healing, my emotions needed to be fixed in this picture just as they are being fixed in my body..


So I did some weaving over them, weaving prettyness and love, the blue vertical strings are still my memories but woven between them is something nice and wonderful and no longer pain, for what Im learning thru my TAT therapy is that you can still have memories you just need to release the emotion from them..


So all the emotional turmoil was woven over with my precious wools fabrics and ribbons...


now the painting is crawling towards warm and cosy..
with a dash of hell!!!


and that magic angel can sprinkle her dusty blessings on my new heart...xxx
I feel its a work in progress and as I reach new stages I will add more of whats going on.


and here are some pictures I did while I painted with my girl the other day, it rained all day so we painted for hours.  I put my two affirmations on these pictures.  this one says..
'I easily release that which I no longer need, the past is over and I am free"
I love doing aboriginal dot painting, its an amazing zone out, so funny because as soon as you try, you cant do it, you just have to drift and be taken on its journey..


This is my Eckhart Tolle affirmations, isnt he just amazing, more people need to be alerted to this mans teachings, if only we could get what he is trying to say, we may be able to save this world.



So not alot of art but alas ART!
'Healing Art'


xxx
Sheree



10 comments:

  1. Hello Sheree, these pieces of art are so beautiful. They are all the more precious because they have come from the depths of your soul. Thank you for sharing them and the meaning they have for you. I'm sending hugs and positive healing energy your way...Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sheree - they are all amazing! I really like the idea of painting with your hands - it's so personal, putting all your energy into something with your fingers.

    I'm an Eckhart Tolle fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that turmoil captured in paint has got to be a good thing, because it means there's less inside you making you feel bad. And sometimes, when you paint it, it seems smaller and not as scary as it seemed inside you. I did a finger-painting a few years back, just for fun, an oceany watery swirling thing, and it felt very liberating. Keep painting Sheree! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. your pictures are beautiful. You can truly tell that much emotions went into them all. It seems that this is a great way for you to work through so much of your journey. thank so for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the most amazing art comes as a result of feeling the depths of intense emotion. Your art expresses who you are: an ever-changing, growing, evolving being. You are the embodiment of art in the hands of the creator. Thanks for sharing the evolution, Sheree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the texture the weaving added to an already powerful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for the turmoil, truly I am, but you really do amazing things with it. The colours in your first piece are only incredible. I like your observation-'warm and cosy with a dash of hell'- you sure have a knack with words too! I like the dot painting too, the colours and the words. I hope the rawness is slowly draining, lanced, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such energy in your marks... and the deep, red hole is, well, DEEP!

    I just read back through your blog a little, as I'm a new visitor... healing blessings to you and I'll come back again when I have more time to explore your world.

    Healing blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment