Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hanging Love

Hands up who is getting a little sick of pouring their heart and soul into art work for it to just sit in their Etsy shop and go nowhere??
I have taken a break from money making ventures and am now just making things for people I love.
Too much  long late nights and enthusiasm spent making treasures that sit there making me doubt myself on bad days.
Im having a mini revolution!
Here is my first present for my lovely clothes horse model Jen Jen.
Its a hand stitched wall hanging for their newly decorated house...


Obviously her favorite colour is ORANGE!!!


I just used alot of old fabrics, clothes, scarves, printings, silks that I had....


and had so much fun hand stitching it all together....


man hours wise I would say it has taken me 20 hours to lovingly produce...


thats why I wouldnt be able to sell it, no one could possible afford it!!


So Jen is coming for dinner tonight to pick it up, fingers crossed she loves it...


I am also making her wedding dress for later this year, I will see if she will let me blog it after the wedding for all of you to see


I have embroidered the words
ASK . BELIEVE . RECEIVE


and these flowers are screen printed in peach and gold then coloured in with pencils, and the feathers are from a jolly old rooster who saw the pot!!  great! Jens a vegetarian! She will be stoked!


So now all those hours pouring over stitches and fabrics has become a masterpiece...
Hanging on a piece of native Kauri Tree


I have made no money at all and couldnt be happier
pure satisfaction x

So peoples
Never throw out sparkley scraps!

and thankyou to everyone who has brought from my Etsy shop, bless x
I never pay my bills with Etsy money, I always spend it on other art, that way it keeps going round and round and will one day come back to you and me and you and me and you and me!... see!!
xxx
Sheree


3 Things I love

1. Hunting for split ends! eek...but i dont smoke or bite my nails or pick stuff so I gotta do something!

2.  Olives, I watched a programme on Morrocan olives last night, it was amazing..

3. Water from plastic cups, I cannot drink water from glass, it smells like eggs??? yeah I know!


16 comments:

  1. I am with you on the eggy smell from glass cups!!!

    I thought I was the only one - so pleased not to be unique in this aspect.....

    Love your wall hanging. I may borrow your words for my daughters room, as I've just started painting a fairyland mural on one wall and those words = perfect.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wall hanging I love orange...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both hands up! I'm with you on Etsy...it's a wonderful place, so much gorgeous stuff from talented people, I love it...BUT, I'm good at making stuff and painting stuff, and utterly awful at coming up with ways to 'market' myself (eeek, the word makes me want to run and hide under my quilt in my lovely loft bed). I put so much of myself into the things I make, it IS hard watching them just sit there. I much prefer making things for friends and loved ones (or even complete strangers far across the sea)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creative magic.... you seem to put so much of yourself into your work and it definately shows.. love your newest creation.... I count myself as blessed for having found your esty shop and the couple of creations of yours I have.... Beleive me I want more and as time permits I am sure I will get more...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheree this is stunningly beautiful! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing wall-hanging! I love love love your art. I can't drink water from glass either, but to me it smells like fish. Ewwwww....

    Peace,
    Chris.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. So vibrant and alive!! I'm sure Jen will love it; I know I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bright and beautiful, what a really lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolute treasure!

    I fancy an olive now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about it.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheree, this wall hanging is just AMAZING! I love it so much. I think your friend will adore it - and I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will let you share photos of the wedding dress you shall make her.
    I hear you about the lack of etsy sales. I feel it, too. Sometimes I second-guess myself, too. I put a lot of effort into my pretties, and I always want them to go to lovely new homes. And when I DO make money - I spend it on other goodies from etsy - or classes. :) Not bills. LOL
    I do make creations that are pleasing to me - and it's always my hope that others share that love. If not, then I can love it always. :)
    xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not sold items in many years. I found myself creating what would sell, and not what gave me pleasure to make. I gift a lot and donate to my fav animal rescue org. I am not placing a monitary value to what I create and that makes me happy.

    I always drink from a plastic disposable glass that I wash and use until it cracks. I over heard my grandson talking to his brother when they washed dishes. I didn't understand why I don't use a glass. I'm glad he didn't ask me. He thinks I'm weird already ~lol~

    Your piece is beautiful and your love for your friend shines for all to witness.

    Live what you say, Sheree
    Ask...Believe....Receive

    Much love to you
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. No need to second guess your talent, your vision, your gifts....

    You are overflowing with Creativity, with Magic and with Love!

    You have aired my Artistic Fire too many times to count. Without your spark, I would not be calling myself, "Artist" today....for that, I will always be grateful....I'm positive all your friends are grateful for you!

    Live in the Light....Ask, Believe, Receive....
    Be You...It all still sounds like You, to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is so beautiful! as are you!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful, i too love making things for folks & get so much more enjoyment out of giving, thats what life should be full of, instead of all the take, take, take. Your hanging is beautiful, so full of love & the colours are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful piece of art. Who wouldn't love it? Can't wait to see the wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment