Wednesday, December 26, 2012

FAIRY MERRY CHRISTMAS

OK second attempt to reappear in the blogging world has commenced!!!
Shit just got mega busy this year, Im sure everyone can feel that! but my new world resolution is to return and recreate this page from my new perspective.

Having a break from blogging has been as wonderful as blogging itself, I have learnt so much about why Im here and what I now have to say.  So Merry Christmas for yesterday, we had a rainy stormy one here just to add to the intensity : ) I will leave you with what I have done this December and come back for a review on my year once I get the photos together.
There is sooo much to catch up on xxx 

This Christmas I had an amazing creation take centre stage at New Zealands best fairy shop in Auckland.  I spent weeks making a 'Fairy Merry Christmas' display to delight the children and also give parents the opportunity to purchase sets for their own kids.  Here is what I made..

 the display is 800 x 400

 fairy mail
 a cute house made of  a stump with pinecone roof and hand carved door
 walnut gardens and vine window frames
 lunch is served on a bark table with wooden stools and poppy thrones, boganvillea placemats and pistachio bowls with poppy wine glasses and a beeswax chandalier
 fern Christmas tree with leaf wrapped presents
 pretty flower dresses await their turn to be worn
 whats for dinner?
 a little relaxing nook is so what you need on xmas with a leaver and flower mat and little books to read, cup of tea is always nice too, go gum nuts!
 tea?
 some lucky fairy got a peanut train
 and someone got some dolls

 bunting made from dried Manuka flowers
 golden gooseberry porch light
 home sweet home
 giving you a bit of perspective
 chimney
 woodcutters area, the axe is made from plain old driveway stones but it takes hours of searching to find the exact ones


 and you can also buy sets of fairy furniture (NZ only sorry, customs hate this stuff)




 we travelled thru the night with the display and arrived at a friends where the perspex cover box had been delivered, It fit perfectly and was pristine, I couldnt believe how amazing it looked, sniff sniff brought tears to my eyes
 a bit hard to photograph
 then it was off to the 'Fairy Shop' on Ponsonby Road, the girls had a tea party while we set up
 this is such an amazing shop
 my display is right in your path when you come in the door
 and the boxed sets are ready to be brought by lovers of nature fairies xxx
 It has been an interesting ride thru fairy world with this furniture.  Many people havent seemed to have thought this way before, its not only cute and appealing to children but it effects adults greatly too.  It instantly opens something inside of you to the possibilities nature has to offer, everything can be used.  It brings the nature back to the fairy element, something that could possibly be real and used by fairies.  The fairy world has become very plastic and PINK and sparkley (as I write this my daughter is running around in a pink sparkley fairy dress!)
Im not saying fight the pink(not sure thats possible!), I just want people to consider nature again
Nature....the most amazing artist of all xxx

I have just written my "What I do in 2013" list, as I do every year and a big thing is the expansion of this fairy furniture..... finally! into the cards, posters, books and screenprinted goods I have always wanted to do.  So watch this space, more regularly from today!!! and follow the new journey of
Raven Moon Magic

for a quick catch up on the past and a whole lotta present and future : )

xxx
Sheree