Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fencing In The Beautiful

Sometimes things can start with the greatest of intentions and seem wonderful when they are small but before you know it you have looked away for a second and it has bloomed into something you can no longer feel you have control over.... a little bit like love.....and a lot like lavender

This was the scrawniest lavender that I adopted, it had one stem and never looked like it would grow, but Im a sucker for 'hospital plants', the chance to help something live after a rough start.
So instead of cutting this wonderful lavender I decided to fence it in/up..


 

Magic Twine...

 

and Magic Sticks...

 

Voila! a little fence in 10 mins, no more squeezing past, and no need for trimming..


all bound up with love...


Seeing as munchy was asleep I went into the garden to weed the lettuce patch ready for planting, and as I dug there were potatoes everywhere, little missed treats just waiting to be found, they were so sweet for dinner last night...


Seeing as I am on a 99% organic diet now, until my body can harden up a bit, I have had to go back to extreme basics.  I read somewhere about a diet where you are supposed to live like your great grandmother, and if she cant recognise it then you shouldnt be eating it, I wish I knew where I read that!! damn...anywho thats pretty much me, back to basics, so I have been creating this week
I have made preserved lemons for morrocan cooking..


Mullberry Jam with cardamon, cinnamon and vanilla...spiced jams are like heaven.  I make Hummus twice a week and yesterday was my first attempt at making organic yoghurt using brought organic yoghurt as a starter with organic milk.  We have all our goodies in the garden to eat and sooooo much coming on and this afternoon or maybe tomorrow I am going to try and make crackers!  wish me luck.


All in all Im feeling very healthy and are having fun finding wonderful foods.
This journey has been a wild ride which I can finally now see as beautiful because of the transformation I have made, so now I need to to keep on track and fence in all the beauty I have created so it can one day burst from me as a ray of light that will hopefully touch everyone.
Wish me luck on this one too!!

Hopefully all my garden prep work will be finished this week and we can get back to some art work, lots of tutorials to come.

Have a healthy week all

xxx
Sheree

7 comments:

  1. You exude light! It drips from you like honey...and we all flock to you like bees...or bears...depending on our mood :)

    I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling well...excited about the many facets of your life....energized at taking back control...

    You are forever inspiring! I am in awe of all you do...and can't wait to see, read and share in more :)

    That jam, btw, looks heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden fence is so delightful. Your canning the beautiful lemons and the care you have given your life shows that you are indeed, full of light and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fence, and the food sounds and looks GREAT! Happy harvesting, and do hope you get to art making. And me, too, the last time I got into my studio is a distant memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheree! There was so much beauty in this post - a sharing of the earth's beautiful bounty. And how you have harvested and cultivated it. The lemons, the lavender, the jam and hummus (oh how I love hummus!). Can't wait to see what art work you will be creating! xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have inspired me to make a little fence of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your crafty ideas! They're all so doable and inexpensive (Good for someone like me with a small amount of green and no knowledge of power tools. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just found your blog!Your lavender looks awesome to me!!! try www.wendlylsgreengoddess.co.nz for eating and living like your nanna, she has a great blog and as I have 2 of her books now and find them really helpful and interesting I love passing on how to acess her info!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment