Monday, October 11, 2010

New Exhibition Work

Wow what a full on week Ive had, Im not sure whats harder, getting ready for an exhibition your putting on and hanging, or getting ready for an exhibition you are having nothing actively to do with.
Im still not up to big travels, or little ones for that matter, so i sent my artwork off with my exhibition partner and hoped for the best, i still have no idea what it looks like but have heard great stuff from my friends who attended the opening, so all good!

Here is the 3 new pieces I hung in this show as well as my older Paper Moon pieces.

But first my artists bio...

Spiritually speaking, Im awakening, Mentally speaking, Im losing it, Physically speaking, Im breaking down... Whatever you want to call it, Im going thru a change, a change that leaves your past in the dust, your life in tatters and your emotions dangling on the edge of a cliff. I started Paper Moon when I was the old me and first exhibited this work in February, I hit rock bottom in May and am now re-emerging with a style that is telling the same story but moving in a whole new direction. As a 32 year old Mother/Artist this is a journey thru my evolution. From Screenprinting to Fashion Design, Photography to Bookmaking, Painting Florals to Landscapes, Mixed Medias and Dyes... I have found myself coming back to simplicity in life and art, Ink, Goldleaf, Water Colours and Pencil. Small pieces with big stories, and even bigger lessons.


Paper Moon started to be a huge part of my artistic journey quite by accident. I was home alone drawing and painting and felt the white paper I was using was soooo lifeless and boring. I tore a page from an old book and did an ink painting, a girl emerged and by that afternoon I had completed 5...and so the Paper Moon journey had begun. Some may see it as the destruction of books. I see it as breaking down old forms so they can reinvent themselves with a whole new purpose...Art...
 
 
My New pieces come in 3 parts
 
Part 1
The Feast
 
I had a life so easy,


I lay in a bed of flowers compared to a lot of people, yet here I was having a meltdown.

So as I lay crumpled and broken on that bed of flowers I was watched over by my ever comforting wise Raven, keeping the fears from creeping in and completely taking over....

as my old life dropped away..

petal by petal...

releasing the darkness that lay within in me...

the darkness had been building and building...

shutting me down day by day.



This is the unfolding

This is the feast
 








 
 
Part 2


A Tune A Day

 
Rediscovering my inner quietness, learning to feel at peace with my world again was not an easy task.....The trust was gone.

Where was my village, where did I belong, my path was paved with comforting support from loved ones but my own death loomed close in my eyes and the days seemed too harsh and real.. I found solace in the quiet of dark moonlit nights with moths emerging from the darkness signifying the recognition of self we must all achieve to survive. I was re-learning to meditate, breathe, trust and be in the moment, these were my new lessons.

No more past

No more future

Just Be

A Tune A Day

and nothing more
 








 
 
Part 3


From Top To Bottom

Everything going on inside you is worn on the outside like clothes, could you see my pain??

My new lesson is health, making friends with my fears... offering them gifts of love till they are no longer powerful. My roots are stable and large and here I stay supported by the lights of hope, that loved ones have offered in my journey...What is fresh and healthy is not what it seems, take this beautiful apple and relish in its perfection and taste, never seeing the hidden poisons that lay inside...

they will one day lay inside you too...

and when its too much for your body....

then you will also be on this journey...



Healing your body

From Top To Bottom
 



 
 
they were all framed too
 



So hopefully the exhibition goes well, its on for another 10 days.


Well I must be off, the art room beckons, me and Indi are already starting work on our next exhibition, and yes you heard right, OUR work.  I took a print of one of her paintings the other day and then I did my artwork on top of it, so we are getting a collection together.
By the time it goes up this summer she will be nearly 3, not bad for a first exhibition, it took me 29 years longer!!!
 
 
Wonderful days to all my readers
 
hopefully I will be back to posting every few days from now on!!
 
Love Sheree
xxx

10 comments:

  1. my dear sheree, i am completely entranced with your work. the beauty in both the art and the words you wrote is so amazing. i wish you the best with your exhibitions and hope that you are feeling well. much love!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheree! Best of luck with the exhibition - these three pieces are extraordinary (with my favorite being A Tune A Day). They truly speak from your soul. Thank you for sharing them. I'm so happy you and Indi are collaborating - can't wait to see what you have made together. :) Take care and I'll be looking forward to visiting with you again soon! :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are simply beautiful. I cherish so the piece I have from your paper moon series and have thought about obtaining more... these three are beyond words. Your creative power is so vibrant... all I can say is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sheree, so very beautiful. Good luck with the exhibition, and with the next steps on your journey!
    xx Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheree....your very words make my heart beat quickly like a walk thru unknown woods....your creations give me goosebumps as I imagine the art pouring from your fingertips onto paper, using soul-colored pencils...

    Your journey gives me hope....a spirit filled to the brim with possibility and inspiration, knowing that broken pieces can be used to rebuild something marvelous....that our inner struggles can teach us to be open to the beauty around us and within us...

    Keep shining, my Friend.... I'll put on my sunglasses and cheer you on!!

    Much love,
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheree these pieces are wondrous!
    I was captivated by all of the detail, the glorious colours... thank you for sharing all of those photos.
    I love the raw honesty in your bio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are brilliant at self expression...love to you, june

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you tell stories with you art and photos. Magical

    OWOH #324

    ReplyDelete
  9. The raven in your image is similar to a dream I had: http://bit.ly/kf9Of2

    I have been on a similar journey...and read your amazing post on CED.

    Gorgeous work you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment