Friday, October 22, 2010

Not Your Average Evening

We had a little bit of a shin dig down the beach for a friend the other night.  He has moved to an Island off New Zealand and now has a catamaran to get there instead of the ferry.  So we went to have a little bon voyage bonfire, a little good luck, we hope you make it gift too.
Hmmm whats that on the fire you say???


Bushman Pete is his name and he was our neighbour till he left, Indi adores him.  Come down for dinner he said, but alas I know this man too well and his feral eating ways so I got something out for dinner just incase we didnt stay.  When we got there the sight of these two pigs heads roasting away over the fire confirmed for me..yes indeed, we were going home for dinner!!


Crispy ear anyone, all Indi would say was 'mmmm delishisssss'....umm we obviously have differing tastes. Bushman Pete is a hunter and had caught these the day before, his friend got the bodys and lucky Pete got the heads woo hooo.
All I could think was 'sunscreen' for some reason! eekk


Anywhoo the kids had fun getting very wet and cold, which my very sick daughter is paying for now!!!!


A lot of work was put into carting wood out to this raft so they could follow Pete when he left, busy beavers indeed!


She loves a mission to complete..


The dogs slept happily not realising they are to become sea fearing creatures the next day....


and I screen printed a flag for the boat, any pirate would be proud of..


and we left him with his pigs brain dinner and many well wishes of good luck.  The boat looks a little like a  'Kevin Costner Waterworld' type boat if you know what I mean!! ; )
!Good Luck Pete!


Hope you all enjoy your dinner tonight, what are you having??
We are having fish!
Fish without heads!

cant believe I just posted this! haha

xxx
sheree

5 comments:

  1. lovely post... even the pig heads... I have learned not to scoff at what others may eat unless I have tried it myself... although not too sure about the pig brains...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~ah see i l♥ve a pig roast...i know not fulfilling to the non meat eaters eye but for those of us who do it meat...oh my goodness! your wee little is growing so fast...such a little doll! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Indi is sick....but might as well have had a blast getting there :) She is so cute, Sheree...my, how they grow so fast!!

    I don't think I could've eaten the brain...but maybe a bit of cheek? Not sure...haha!

    Great flag, too! Perfect, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm so maybe this is just me then!! I donot eat pork but eat red meat like its lollies, so maybe if this was a sheep head I might be able to share some of your enthusiasm!!
    Cheeks Cameron!! how very Hannibal Lector of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - Bushman Pete sounds like quite the character! I wish him well in his travels. :) I can understand why little Indi would love him - he's unusual and uniquely his own person. :) No matter what he eats! LOL Sorry that sweet Indi is sick - hope she is feeling better very soon! xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment