Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Ever Resurfacing Flowers

A few years back now all I used to do was paint flowers, big flowers, this one is 1 meter x 800mm
'click to enlarge all colour paintings'


I eventually burnt out and went into landscapes of my local area...


but that became mindless work as I was only painting what I knew people were going to buy and my heart just wasent in it anymore so I gave up paintings all together..


This Calla Lilly was painted from 2am to 5am one night in a rage of passion, very weird to resuface in the morning and greet something you dont really remember doing!!!
This one is huge at 1metre x 1 metre too..


And so as I did the last paintings today for my Paper Moon Exhibition that is in 24 days (eeekkk) the flowers came back for the last ride...


I did one and enjoyed it so much that I painted all of my favorites from so long ago...


Its nearly midnight where I am so I had to use my flash, the gold hasent come out quite so well..
woops! I could have waited but who wants to wait!!!
You dont mind Im sure....


It was so nice to do a little bit of serious with my cartoon girl, she has been getting into much mischeif lately....


This water lily will be the picture on my flyers that will go up around town...


I also couldnt help but do the two peacocks that were on the posters for my Pisces Sister Exhibition over 2 years ago, so nice all my old friends still want to be relesed in new art forms....


gotta get both perspectives!!....


and I had to chuck in a spider web too.....


and my mother gave me the cutest birds nest today for one of my jars so I did a nest picture too...


This is my daughters grow tree which is painted on our wall, so this one is about her.......


The knitting lady, because when this exhibition is over Im gonna sit back and try to remember how to knit again.........


It has been a super fun day but also a bit sad that the 85 pictures to be framed for my exhibition are now done, I have so many little pictures in my brain but they will have to wait till March.
So off to the printers in the morning then back home to finish the jars and bird cage lamps.  pheeewwwww...


sheree xxxx

I wonder where the flowers will pop up next????...

13 comments:

  1. I love your daughter's grow tree - so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 'little pictures' Sheree, just beautiful! I wish I could knit...can crochet a bit, but can't follow a pattern, hmmm...one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE these! Love your flowers (bit Georgia O'Keefe? not really), love your cartoon girl, and just love the way you've worked over words and looped some so they have something to say as well.

    I hope your exhibition does well because if I was there I'd be outside with a meghorn yelling 'yous all have GOTTA see this!' Has the Gallery got a website, or will you take some photos in situ? I want to see.

    Its just wonderful work- you're gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those flowers and your cartoon girl! Really wonderful and magical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a very talented spirit. I have so enjoyed your blog and all your magical drawings. I loved your painted flowers and hope you continue to share more of your talent with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a brilliant artist. I am absolutely in love with your flower paintings - i would LOVE to own one of those.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are superb! Oh how I wish I could attend the Paper Moon Exhibition, but perhaps there will be some of your page art on Etsy one day. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello honey!! Did you get my reply email (re: a list of things about me??). I wish you all the best for your up-coming exhibition - how exciting!! Where will it be? Can I get to it?
    Love your painting and of course, like I said in my email, your little books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am twitterpated! Your page paintings are strumming my heart strings! and your flowers are out right gorgeous! Oh this is going to be a loverly exhibit! Hmmm, I've always wanted to go to New Zealand. I'm thrilled to have found your blog Sheree.. it is the beauty of OWOH. I was attracted by your blog name Raven moon as my daughters name is Raven. I am intrigued by the Raven moon, can you tell me more? Looking forward to many more return visits! smiles. Mija

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW, I've created some of my fave art during intense fits of rage... sometimes we don't know our own strength...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I can tell you've been busy too lately!
    I love the page with the water Lily.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant work. I'm sure your exhibition will be a great success.

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment