Friday, August 13, 2010

New Ways With Old Things

This weekend I ask you to use something for an activity it wasent intended for...

I was driving down the road yesterday and there was a lady who had her backpack sprayer sitting comfortably in a wheel chair while she walked down the road pushing it and spraying her drains! 
That is kiwi ingenuity.
My grandad is also so stubborn he will not get a mobility scooter, so we are dismantling a ride on lawnmower for him to use instead!! Go Forest Gump!
So as you can see I have gotten into the spirit of this new fad by using my wooden printing stamps to make cookies.... so pretty dont you think. 


I have always been looking for carved cookie stamps but havent found any yet.  They work even better on a still non rising cookie like shortbread.


So you see, this is the challenge I set you all, start looking at things in new ways....



I hope your weekend is full of surprises
Happy Friday 13th everyone

xxx
Sheree

3 Things I Love

1. That I sold something on Etsy today woooohooooo!

2.  That mothers ring me for parenting advice!! Me?? haha

3.  That I have finished a huge book on New Zealand Flower Essences and these may just be my saving grace.

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant Sheree...hmm, I've got one of those printing blocks somewhere! I love ingenuity...over here we like to think of it as a peculiarly Aussie thing, but personally I think it's something that everybody USED to have, before it became easier to pop down the shop and buy a new one, or a better one, or a different one, or whatever. There's a beauty in seeing something used in a way that perhaps it wasn't intended for, but it works as if it was! I am chuckling too, because after I agreed wholeheartedly with you the other day about the frustrations of Etsy, I woke up the next morning to discover I'd sold several prints to two customers!

    I shall take your advice to heart and do something unexpected with an unexpecting item! What's the point of being a hoarder if you can't pull something out of your stash and do something different with it?!

    xx Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful stamps! do you know if i could find them on line or in an etsy?
    (i'm glad you are better! these days i'm trying hard to be better too...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Your cookies look amazing. Congratulations about Etsy sale. Always an exciting thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea! Those cookies look too pretty to eat (but I'd eat them anyhow). Congratulations on your etsy sale...that is fabulous news! :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! How did they turn out? I'd wonder if the cookies would expand and the pattern would disappear. But weird stuff happens like that when I bake. :)

    Beautiful site and gorgeous photography! I'd love to have you over anytime! :) dancingspatulawand.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love to see folks being "inventive", im all for that idea, and what a fun way to make cookies, they look gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great idea!!!So creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cookies are beautiful...and look incredibly yummy!

    You are a wealth of great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a very beautiful blog. I like the look of the cookies. Delicious!
    I used to live in New Zealand, around Wellington and Auckland. I really your magical lands.
    If you have a moment, do visit my fairy blog.

    Light Blessings,
    Jo May.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, this is a lovely blog, we'd love to have you over at http://kiwimummyblogs.blogspot.com/, email me on kiwimummyblogs@gmail.com if you're keen!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment