Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Finally Finding an Art Course

The SUNFLOWERS are finally here, which means so is the heat, can we say summer?? as soon as you do it rains!


But out babies who we have seed saved since 2003 and still going and getting bigger and more beautiful every year.  Now last time I did a post with sunflowers it was HERE in Feb last year, and I was asking for your advice on different art courses I could do, but alas being a cheapy I just wasent willing to pay some of those prices!!
EEEKKK!


Money was tight then, I was unable to work, I was making art that wasent really selling, sometimes having no money is a pretty heavy situation (just like this sunflower!) It makes you feel a bit trapped or stuck or without the ability to choose options.


But now that I am selling and bringing in a pretty good wage, finally!! thankyou!! I have decided to give myself an early birthday present and enrol in an online art course! woop!
Lets get back inside and take a look!


So here is what I have chosen to start off my year of creative release.
Flora Bowleys 'Bloom True'


I first discovered Flora, when Lisa from "The Wright Stuff" went on this amazing art retreat in the UK, I was left longing to go and meet this amazingly colourful woman that taught art at the retreat.
But alas being at the bottom of the world it costs too much to go, so when an e course came up I signed that day.


We have just finished week one and its the kind of painting that I have always wanted to be doing but I just could never give up that control, of thinking that things would turn out so much better the more I tried and concentrated and planned and got things in proportion and perfect.
This course is teaching us that there is no wrong, everything we do sends things into new directions that we could never have planned, something I so need right now.  Just following our intuition, playing, dancing, flowing and throwing that paint together.
I am in love with this course. Learning lots about colours too!!


Here is a reminder of some paintings I did last year.  I had a few paintings left over from an exhibition and decided to paint them over with my Flora gathered inspiration.




Because I still swan around with anxiety pretty much every day, it was amazing to me that after spending two hours painting this Wild Woman Treasure painting, that I felt completely calm, no anxiety at all, it was so serene and free, it was amazing, my body had turned back to some kind of flowing liquid, a feeling I seem to have lost, I live in a constant state of tension and holding on.  Its a bit sad that I have got used to this, thats not cool.  But dont worry, Im back at Hypnotherapy to kick it this year for good.  I never had anxiety before this so I figure I can get back out of it too, Im doing everything I can to learn the lessons anxiety is here to bring me and just move along.
Cheers Anxiety! you may be helpful but you really do suck arse : /



With Flora's course we paint to music, and on the first day I tried every CD and download that I had and just nothing fit, it was all taking me back to a state of memory that wasent letting me just be in the moment, I had to stop and find something new, I needed a whole new sound to go with this whole new process.  This is where I discovered Cora Flora.  And she is perfect for my next stage in this evolution Im on.
What an earth angel, I love watching her videos, her presence is very calming, so I downloaded 2 of her albums and Im away.


CLICK HERE TO HEAR CORA FLORA MUSIC

and watch this video to get a feeling of just how beautiful she is


So here I am in the heat of Summer, in my hot tin shed of a 'Lady Cave' creating up a storm.
January was awesome, February is coming along pretty good too, every night when I go outside to the toilet (tea much cups of tea in bed!) I stand and just say everything I am grateful for from the day that has gone, telling the stars and the moon that I want more of it, more experiences.  and I feel I need to give some of this goodness back.  Back out to the world.


I will figure out what that is this week but something is going to go somewhere

Well Im off to have a salad, I have just made some rose water chocolates but they seem to be a bit...not hard..??? hmmm wonder what I have done wrong, time will tell, dont be hasty, maybe I have just made some chocolate sauce instead, and a huge mess! hurrahh : (

Lunch time
have a good lunch today??? Inspire me, what did you have??

xxx
Sheree

8 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Congrats on finding the perfect art class for you - that's soooo important. :) I love how you redid some of your work, Sheree. It was beautiful to begin with - but I love what you have done with them. There's nothing wrong with chocolate sauce - got some cake or ice cream about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post, Sheree! I was actually here last night, but got so caught up listening to Cora Flora....both her videos and her music...I lost track of what little time I had!

    I agree, she is amazing! I learned something about myself listening to her speak...well, more like admitted openly to myself, that I have always wanted to feel as connected and free as she expresses herself, use terminology and vocabulary like "Consciousness" and "Energies" without thinking I'll be labeled or judged as being "out there" or be met with rolling eyes.
    My Aunt has begun to channel voices and energies....and as she was sharing these personal stories of her accounts...it was I who felt so closed off....I was the one rolling my eyes and not "believing"....

    I have problems with faith. I think I'm scared to give myself over to any sort of higher power....to let it go beyond, "to each his own, but not for me".
    I don't want to feel so small.....and I don't want to be lumped in with everyone else....interesting...

    Anyways, this comment was not meant to be my own therapy session...haha! Sorry :)
    Chocolate sauce sounds divine right about now....I've got a container of strawberries in the fridge!

    Those sunflowers are absolutely gorgeous, too!

    Big hugs to you,
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds quite wonderful......Great to hear that you have found a great space to be in and express yourself.....Love the treasure painting and the sunflower photos are beautiful.....I am working on a painting which has lots of sunflowers in it, so it feels quite serendipidous.....
    Can't wait to see what else comes out of this wonderful workshop for you......

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{{{{{Sheree}}}}}}} Oh I love all you've created!! I know the anxiousness you write about so eloquently. You are such an inspiration and guide. Blessings to you on your journey - you deserve so many good things. Have a great time in the course :) I love the courses that I've found, photography with Andrea Sher and medicine wheel soul work with Pixie Campbell. I'm working on courses - and finding my way...it's such a journey -

    Your lovely sage and the pendulum charts (which are gorgeous) are so helpful on my path - I use them almost daily - thank you for sharing your gifts....

    I love the Lady Cave! I think I need one! :)

    hugs and love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful sunflowers!gorgeous pictures!Thanks for also sharing all the beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this gorgeous post, Sheree. And thank you so much for letting me discover Cora Flora! She is so inspiring and I love her music : ).

    Wishing you lots of love and happiness : ).

    Big hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay - you're learning with Flora - what a teacher eh? I am going on another retreat in September and Flora will be there, but I'm taking different workshops this time. Be lovely to see her again though. One day we'll go on an art retreat together... what's half way? India? Now that would be an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems that you are having a blast with that art course -- great for you! :)

    A week from now will be your birthday. You will be in my thoughts, and, of course, I am wishing you all the best as always!

    Greetings from Germany,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment