Thursday, September 30, 2010

Paper Moon Evolution

As I sit here with a itching sunburnt back from 2 days ago, I right now cant see further than 100 meters around my house for all the fog and drizzle?????
Spring is here!!!
And a New Zealand Spring at that, 4 seasons in one day.


Damn I just rushed to the kitchen and I have burnt my chickpeas for the hummus gggggrrrrrrrr
Im such a vacant multi tasker at times.
Ohh well, I will stick to art.  Im here to show a new piece I finished in one day, I couldnt stop, Im sure you all know this feverish pace when something is wanting to be made so badly.
Its a very large painting  done on a collage of book pages.



So this is the evolution of my paper moon character, she is now in colour with real arms and a face and some better clothes to wear than a shaded triangle.  A few people asked me to do colour pictures earlier and all I would say is "I dont do colour", I needed simplicity, so that is why all I did was black, a lot less wrongs to be made.

Take a look....


all the pictures in this new collection have this frame in them...


The whole picture..


A puriri moth, which will grow in a tree trunk for up to seven years just to live for one night.


full moon


angels Trumpet or Datura


sleepy villages of magic


pom pom grass


There is alot of symbology going on in there which I will write about later, they are going to an exhibition in a few weeks so I will need to get the stories ready for then, here is the next one I started


it has my first ever attempt at a horse


and of course some beloved bird cages



Enjoyment is the word I use to describe these paintings, I do a pencil and sometimes pen out line, watercolour paint and then sit there for hours with pencil doing all the details and it gets all the colours to be so much more vibrant, sometimes watercolour can look so dry and un shiny.  Colour pencils are perfect. 

I have to give credit to someone for this part of my journey and thats Cameron from Paint Myself Pretty.
She loved my Paper Moon pictures so much so I gave her permission to use the style and gave her pointers and help whenever she needed it.  Cameron fell in love with the style and felt it really opened her heart up to being an 'Artist'.  It felt very special to be able to effect someone this way just by being open and giving and not holding onto my art style like I ever owned it in the first place.  The inspiration has returned back to me with the ability to move into colour, maybe I was stuck in my little black and gold box and couldnt even see my way any more.  So thankyou Cameron for now inspiring me, lets hope the art giving train just keeps on going, we could all learn so much from each other, I so want to learn how you make those stop motion videos. anyone who knows, Im open to lessons!!!  So here are a few of Camerons pictures, take a look at her blog if you dont already, much talent lives in this ladies bones and not just in paintings!
Her blog link is HERE!










Cameron makes her art into prints, cards and books and tags etc, so go check out her shop link too
Clever Lady!!!


Ok well I have feverishly cleaned today and am now going to take a nap, here are some rascally photos of the shenanigans these poor puppies have to put up with.
"OK Your coming with me"
"Ohh no, help help, I just had a turn!!!"


Trolley Rides For Everyone!!!!!  Poor Puppies : (


I will draw the winners of my witchy T shirts in the next post this weekend, and the DevaWood Hangings are only up for sale in my Etsy shop for the next week (till Thursday) because they are off to the city to be part of my exhibition.



Have fun Ohh carfty ones

Ohhh I almost forgot, I will be seeing alot of you in stripey socks soon at the Fanciful Twist Halloween Party,  Hmmm Halloween in Spring in a country that dosent celebrate Halloween!! sounds great, I will think of something!



Ciao Bellas  xxx 
(Im reading Eat, Pray, Love)


13 comments:

  1. my dear sheree, i am completely enamored with your paper moon! i can't stop looking at them! oh..wait...puppies! :) hee hee okay so the puppies distracted me. but i so love your art. have a fabulously marvelous day!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfectly delightful way to end my day! Your paintings are amazing!!! I am a true follower!!! Thank you for your inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheree! Giving me any credit at all for this new direction....well, it makes me....speechless....

    I am beyond words ecstatic and humbled to have inspired you even one teeny, tiny bit!!

    These new works are amazingly beautiful....the time, the care and meaning in their creation is evident...the detail is undeniably splendid....your talent is truly boundless!!

    I am so grateful to have met you here, in Blogland...so lucky to call you Friend :)

    Thank you so much :) I am so honored!
    Super Duper Gigantic Hugs,
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning painting Sheree and thanks for introducing us to Cameron - I'm off over there now for a browse! Now, as to that puppy riding in the trolley - well, did I ever see anything cuter??
    I've been using old pages in my art since I started up again - I think there's something quite magical about words. I love using them and often they are completely covered by paint or collage with just a hint peeking through, but it's the story they symbolise that I want to convey.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~sheree i fell in l♥ve with your black and white paper moon drawings right from the start...i have always been partial to simplicity and nutral colors but the magic you have created with these new paintings...colors swirling about are ethereal beauty...i can hardly wait to read more about the meaning behind what you drew and painted...i think both styles are beautiful and unique to your soul...

    cameron is a gentle sweet creative soul...a wonderful artist i am honored to call a friend...to see the connection you two have made and shared such inspiration between eachother...is truly delightful...one inspires the other and so it goes!!

    adorable always is your little...adn those puppies...oh my goodness!

    best wishes on your upcoming exhibition...and l♥ve and light shining brightly down upon always~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheree, your painting is beyond amazing!!!! I was so mesmerized by its enchanting beauty and spirit. Many hugs to you!!!! I feel your soul and light emanating from this painting. Cameron is so very talented...she is a wonderful friend and has a kind spirit. I am delighted to know her and call her friend. :)
    I'm happy you're taking part in the Halloween Party, even though it is not celebrated there. I KNOW you will devise something fabulous to share. :) I cannot wait until my Deva arrives. I'm excited that your work will be part of an exhibition - I am sure it will receive a wonderful response. :)
    And look at your little sweetie pie with the pup. How adorable!!!! They seem to be enjoying the attention. :)
    Take care, dear friend! xoxoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a talent you are...and what a huge amount of work you have put into your pieces. Toddlers aren't holding either of us back, are they?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photo of the puppy going for a ride! I used to dress my cat in a dress and bonnet and put her in a doll carriage. There's a funny family story of my grandmother watching me as I walked up the hill to a house where a bunch of monks lived. One was walking down the drive and peered into the carriage and almost had a heart attack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Laying out grounds may be considered a liberal art, in some sort like poetry and painting." ...Wordsworth
    Sheree, I love the new work you have created, I too paint have been known to furiously into the night as something wants to emerge through me....I guess that is such, as a creator of art, sometimes I feel as if I'm channeling something, it's a wonderful feeling to bring birth to new ideas that have yet to be seen. You are a wonderful artist with sooooo much soul that you have enough to give others, and inspire many. I too enjoyed Cameron's work very much, I can see the influence you have brought to it. I love that you inspire so many to be more, do more and give more. You are a beautiful bright light in the universe and so is your munchie with all the love she has and care. Those puppies are on the best ride of their lives...enjoy. blessings, Oasis Sprite

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen quite a few people painting on book pages and I always love the look it gives. Is there a certain name for that type of art?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your painting is beautiful!!! I love the way you've used the book pages.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sheree...just had to pay a visit to tell you how much I am enamoured with your new painting style...

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment