Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Treats From Friends



How wonderful to be given gifts that I can use to make more gifts, for the gift that keeps on giving.
A wonderful friend was given a set of silver knife forks and spoons, so she has sent them my way


I make these sets called witchy poo forks, which hang in windows, I will hopefully have these done by next week, and then you can see...


So I need to get out my hammer and pliers and this time I will have the knives engraved...


Im loving my creative work at the moment, I love working, so keeping busy busy keeps me a bit sane, I have done relaxing to death the last few months and can sit still no more!


So this fork in my road is leading me down a huge healing path where Im learning so much about myself.  Although it has been a scarey ride, I am loving this stage for what I have been shown...


and let me show you these....
another wonderful friend brought me a whole heap of doilies at a market she held.  Doilies have become one of my favorite finds over the last few years....


Someone made these... and yes most are probably in a factory somewhere but the other ones have been carefully embroidered and laced and knotted by old and young hands, taking care to match sets, find the right colours and fabrics, follow patterns or just their own designs....


While they work they are thinking so that their thoughts are woven into every piece they do.  How amazing to be able to use Phychometry (visions of its history from holding objects)...


and they are womans stories from womans lives, just every day thoughts.  I hope they know how much I appreciate theyre work and love remaking new things with what they have created...


Our pasts all sandwiched together...speaking of pasts, I had a past life regression done last week and have spent the whole weekend trying to relax while all the energy we released left my body, not an easy task when it was all anger.  Grumpy cow alert!!  In a nut shell the life we went into was that of a boy, he was young and lived on a hill with his parents, the father ran the town below of peasants and farmers, all I ever wanted to do was go and play with the kids but was not allowed to associate with the town folk, I was taught to not trust them, and so had a very frustrating lonely childhood and was very angry at my parents.  When my father died I took over his job and ran the town very well, finally I was going to interact with the people, but it was still not to be because they were nice to my face because they had to be but bitched constantly behind my back and I knew of everyones dislike of me.  Pretty sad really and explains so much of my life.  Its nice I was regressed by my Reiki healer and she went in and found the story so it could not be over interprepted by me.  Poor woman, as soon as we were done I was so angry with her, I had no idea till Sunday what was going on because all my past stuff has been releasing as pain and sadness, anger was a whole new ball game.  But thankfully that is gone now....


I then found a book on her shelf called "Past Lives, Future Lives" by Jenny Cockell, an amazing story of understanding how reincarnation works, this is one of my favorite books now.  i loved it.  and I read a book! for the first time in 2 years, Im sure most mothers know this feeling....


And because i cant help but destroy books in the name of art, here is my new obsession... beautiful covered books with gold patterning...


and then I set to work with my knife and cut for what seems like forever, they are shrine book that will hang on your wall or just be in your book shelf, whenever you need to pray or talk or be thankfull, all you need to do is open the cover....


So far this one has only been cut, it has alot of work to be done, and that is Tara dancing around in her beautiful glowing sari...


So lots to do... I am doing my first photos for the tea party today, mine is rather weather permitting so hopefully the weeks weather holds out, how nice for you all to be doing this in spring!!!

have a wonderful week getting your parties together
much love
Sheree
xxx

and thankyou soo much to everyone for your comments, I know I used to be amazing at answering you all and I will be once again
just not right now hehe x



6 comments:

  1. Secrets hiding in books... histories hidden in crochet... always a pleasure to visit Sheree. I'm very excited about the tea party on Saturday too. I have my words... just need some pictures now! Funny how we have all these months to prepare then end up leaving it to the last minute. Doh. Can't wait to visit your party. Save me a seat and a sticky bun will you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheree!! You found the secret of handwork. Its followed down through the ages. Ladies have always done handwork while they were not allowed to discuss the events of the day. All their thoughts and feelings are hidden in the threads. Reusing their work keeps their energy alive!!

    I'm very interested to see what you do with the silverware.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing stuff, Sheree. I love the old cutlery, I wonder how many hands have used it over the years? And the doilies...I have some that my grandmothers made, some of them are probably over 100 years old now, all those hopes and fears of their young (and not so young) lives woven into the threads. Glad to know that you are working through and using your amazing creativity to find your way...keep showing us your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not wait to see the creations you come up with... You never cease to amaze me with the beautiful things you do. The book is absolutely gorgeous... can not wait to see the tea party photos... hope all is well. as always blessings to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. The silver is amazing. I can't wait to see what wonderful dangley you will create with them. The doilies, both crocheted and embroidered, are lovely. Many a young mother-to-be or maybe even a young maiden waiting to be courted poured their hearts into the magnificent stitches. I know whatever you do with them will give them honor.
    Your past life regression sounded scary. I don't know if I could handle the anger with so much still in me from my childhood. A past life of anger would make me explode I think. I don't know how you handled it so well. Blessings to you for continued well-being. Remember to laugh and smile daily.... :-)
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful gifts - I cannot wait to see what you create with them, Sheree. And I LOVE that altered book you created. It's beyond gorgeous...can feel the love and spirituality emanating from it. I hope the weather will hold up for your tea party post...I know you will create something fabulous! xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment