Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Creative Kids

Arent self portraits hard????  I am always behind the camera and whenever I take photos of myself they come out soooo posed because I always know the exact moment I am going to go CLICK!!!!

Must have Kelly takes photos of little old mee this weekend......




Or get Munchy onto the camera for some training so she can be my photographer, shes 2 and 3/4 now, thats old enough right????



Well apart from our vanity we have been playing with other things this week, we went a walking and found a branch that had snapped off in the wind, so we brought it home to do some art with it, giving it new purpose..

Puka Leaf Printing
Paint your leaf with lashings of colour..



flip onto paper and roll or press over the back (she loves to use my tools!) famous artist here we come!



carefully lift off while holding the paper (excuse the washing in the background! ehhem!)


and sprinkle with sparkley happiness...


we also made an apple stamp and printed that.
Im surprised the terms that Indi has picked up with her art work, she knows this is printing and not painting and then she knows screen printing too, I cant wait to see what kind of art she will produce one day when she has been introduced to so much at such a young age, she does it all, with help from mum, but she understands every process....


So will I be a little disappointed when she turns her back on art and becomes a businesswoman in high heels who wants to study Law and live in an Apartment!!
Sad but true I think I will be!...thats why Im embracing my grubby little artistic wild child while I can, before she realises that we dont all live on a farm surrounded by cow poo, merrily creating here and there..

What else can we get up to??
I feel some Xmas spirit coming on!

xxx
Sheree


3 comments:

  1. leaf printing and apple stamping are going on my to do list today! i saw some big leafs on my walk yesterday that might work...have to look for them when i go again!
    no matter what she becomes, i'll just bet that little miss sweet will always have a love of the art that is being gifted into her soul by such a magical woman...
    blessings to you, sweet sheree
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are great as usual.
    I think also that, as long as your mini one is happy you won't mind her life choices at all!
    ;-)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Little Munchy seems to be taking to art quite nicely. And you never know - she may take after her arty mommy. ;) xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment