Sunday, November 14, 2010

TV and Realities...

You know you watch the same talent programmes and the same type of people are on over and over again, and when someone finally wins, you feel nothing!, nothing at all because they actually werent that amazing, they were just less annoying than everyone else this season..

I am a sucker for Top Model, Top Chef, Project Runway, Idol, X Factor anything with talented people, I just cant get enough.
But this year our 'New Zealands Next Top Model' finally got something right.
This is our winner, Danielle and we loved her from day one because she is real.


No nice talk, no falseness and no vanity driven bitchiness.
She is awkward, shy, obnoxious, aloof, funny, mean, lovely and such a tomboy.
Just real, just a person who can photograph really well...a model.

Sad how there is the pressure these days with these programmes to be everything, to be beautiful, be able to sing and be funny and have a personality people have to vote for... poor contestants, where do the ones who get spat out end up?? in rehab??  its must be a bit soul destroying being voted off by the world.

No not for me at all, I have a blog because I trust you are reading because you want to be, and I cant see all you people who pass me by....just the way I like it.

So well done Danielle, our house is so happy for you


and Favorite Blog Post Of The Week

goes to Tina over at Carousel Dreams
http://carouseldreams-tina.blogspot.com/2010/11/calico-and-tattered-lace.html

she has made the most wonderful bunting flags that are just so raw with beauty and honesty and meaning.
So go take a look

xxx
Sheree 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheree! I love Tina's blog and read that post. Thanks for sharing it. I will admit that we do watch Idol and just recently started watching Top Chef. Right now, we've been enjoying Top Chef Desserts. Boy, dessert makers are a catty lot! LOL Hope you are well!!! xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is definitely a beauty. I love the freckles and the tomboy-ness yet it is backed by femininity. I haven't seen her in person but your photo says it all. Great.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment