Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hunting Sparkley Things

Easter Sunday ohh the wonderful times to be had.
I saw a peacock running by and reached out to grab it, he got away but left me with a special gift of some of his most lovely feathers.....
How can such amazingly coloured things just pop out of a fluffy little bird who started as a hairless chick and also a speck in an egg....  hmm eggs, that seems to be ringing a bell for me for some reason???
ringing bells??? do I hear bells???


As I sat thinking of eggs and hearing bells, a little elf ran past with bells ringing on his shoes, I took a swipe at him but he slipped thru my fingers and ran along giggling and pointing at me, ha ha ha ha ha!  but the joke was on him for I had managed to snaffel his lovely red bells  hehe...


I took my lovely treats from my morning romp and sewed them to a basket for my munchkin.... she was in for a treat today Im sure, if only I could remember what we were doing ????


"Its an easter egg hunt Mum! comon"
Ahh yes the hunt, no wonder there were so many rascalls in the garden today!
lets go!


It dosent take long for my little magpie child to spot the sparkley treats hiding among the trees..eeewww let the fun begin..


"is there an egg under every tree Mummy??"
Maybe!!!


Look at my swag already...


such delicate collecting from such an excited little lady...
you better hurry up if you wanna beat the ants!!!


and whats this?? hello little chicky..are you waiting for me too...


Ohhh YAY!!!  a golden egg!!!!
Look at the pure joy on that face xxx melts my heart xxx


Im sure Miss Piggy has enough eggs already and we can surely give one to our wonderful bloggy friends, so here we are friends! You can have this beautiful bunny because you helped us on our hunt!!
Ohh stop it! think nothing of it! we have plenty to share, Munchys teeth will fall out if she eats all this chocowee...
whats that??? its been taken already???...


SORRWWEEEE!!!
I only ate its ears, gobble gobble chomp chomp...
here you can have it back....
Awww munchy!!! you are such a piggy pants!!

 



look at all the other treats you got, you even got a pocelain egg cup, thats a tradition in our family!


Every Easter, but not knowing when it stopped, we were given an egg cup, some are chipped because they were used, some are perfect and boring....


What a wonderful morning we had hunting treats,
Now I could pretend it was a perfect day but the truth is putting a chocolate infected wild child to bed for her lunch time sleep was like nothing we had seen before, she was posessed by a wild banshee, it was insane!!!
Im sure it was that rascally elf putting spells on her chocolate eggs as he ran by, just because I stole his bells!!
Hardley fair!!


 
Hope you enjoyed what left over sticky fingered bunny body was finally offered to you!
We have so many chocolate eggs hidden in the fridge to get thru.
Yay for over indulgence!


xxx
Sheree

8 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, the Sugar Fiend that emerges from our once manageable children is quite scary!

    Not too mention the non-stop bargaining I'm getting at every meal now, "How many veggies do I have to eat to get a treat?"....this from a child who happily ate anything you put in front of her :)

    But the looks on their faces is, indeed, priceless...everything is so magical, so exciting, so special....
    That makes the dentistry bills worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh they are so cute when they are biting the ears off the wee chocolate bunnies, right before they turn into little sugar laden terrors. I think my little sweetie has asked me for more candy 20 times today...he got it once by the way...after lunch.
    I love what you did with the basket.
    Your little sweetie is such a cutie, I love her easter outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed your photos and story. I love visiting your blog to see the magic you've captured with your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is that she is a precious little girl...Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing to view the innocent joys of a child!!! Munchy had a grand old time, and how adorable she looked with her cute little tights and beautifully adorned basket full of sweet treats. :) What a wonderful family tradition = the egg cups. And how I would love to meet a peacock who might wish to part with one of their beautiful feathers for me. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~aaahhh...it took two days for the chocolate to wear off my littlest...we were blessed with not 1, not 2 but 4 chocolate bunnies from l♥vely sweet ones in our family!! are they insane!?! why would you do such a thing to a mama : ) looks as if you had a wonderful holiday and she so dainty walking through the garden looking for her treats that have been left...such moments! brightest blessings upon you and yours always~

    ReplyDelete
  7. always the ears first.... one just can't resist.... and what a beautiful basket... so unique and colorful... love the pictures... as always

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter is beautiful. Its refreshing to see such a loving bond between you all that's soo natural and unpretentious. And I just love the magical stories you weave with the photo's, and the detail you capture. I love visiting your world, I leave with a warm glow.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment