Thursday, February 17, 2011

OWOH Prize Winners

 This year to draw our winner we went down to the pond and selected 20 special leaves for 20 special names chosen by random numbers.  Can you see your name in here??

I had my darling assistant ready and waiting with her net, 'how are we going to choose a winner this year', I hear you say....


The waterlillies are blooming, the dragon flies a zooming and hungry eels looming....


so lets go fishing for winners...


we scattered the chosen names onto the dark water...


awaiting their destiny...


my impatient assistant was finally allowed to scoop up a winner...


very carefully, giving the names a good mix


and we have a winner...


stuck to the side of the net...


 Now this is where it gets a bit funny..The leaf says "Lori Dane" but when I got back to the house and looked at my list, her name is actually "Lori Diane"...oops!


So the winner of the mermaid hanging is "Lori Diane" from
http://lori-diane.blogspot.com/

She is a wonderful painter and I enjoyed looking thru her blog.  I hope the wall hanging brightens your day Lori, thankyou for your wonderful comment xxx



Hmmmmm!  whats that you say? Ohh the mermaid earings...well..


after 236  commments I had a winner that stood out from the others for one simple reason

Its the lovely
Lady Bug from 'Living in the light I find'
http://thelightifind.blogspot.com/

This is her comment..

It is with a little bit of sadness that I read through your beautiful post. Each year that I have been fortunate to visit the world that you create to offer your stunning gift during One World One Heart. And for a few moments in my life I wander off into these different worlds. My eyes soak in the images as my mind longs to discover what twist or turn the story will take.

I'm thoroughly entertained, and completely in awe of the time you take to create your posts. (and slightly humbled as well)



Your offering this year is stunning and I would be so happy to welcome it into my home. (and if by some miracle I'm worthy of receiving the beautiful earrings I will sing my own song of thanks to the sea as well as gladly leave my own token of beauty for someone else to find and collect along one of the trails in the mountains near my home.)



I do hope you'll come by to visit my blog if you get the chance as well.

Thanks for sharing your beauty and light in world.


The reason I picked this comment was because if she recieved a gift from me, she wanted to give back to another stranger in a magical fun way, which kept with the story perfectly.   I wanted to be part of the chain that would brighten someones day.


To all that didnt win a prize, maybe we have won each other with the path that has lead you this way...

to hear the jingling bells of my blog posts, hopefully ring true in your ears...


so we can decorate this world together with dangling bits of joy....


Now we will be back in a few days with a tutorial on these cute kids head bands, I made them for a fair a few years ago, they are the best money making venture.. you will see...


and for those of you who were confused at the two blondies in the story, I was the mermaid. 


Followers will notice that Sophia was the same girl as in my 'Spider People' tale from last years OWOH.  She came back to NZ from Argentina for the summer and came all the way up here to do this story for you.
Thankyou so much to Janine for believing in my stories like I do xxx


and thanks to our cousin Crystal who played the 2011 girl, we had a great morning Kayaking to sunken ships and retuning thru a stingray sleeping ground only 2 meters underneath us, with 100s of stingrays darting around.  I havent had a girly scream like that for ages, very freaky fun

and thankyou to everyone who appreciated the story, its all for you wonderful people.
To remember that everyday life is still magic even if we have hard realities.
and thats another year done,
back to my summer harvesting and preserving.
busy busy busy
xxx
Sheree

12 comments:

  1. Many congratulations to your lucky winners. But I feel I am a lucky winner, too, because I am fortunate enough to have your friendship. Here's to another magical year of creativity and love! xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to the lucky winners... I simply love the manner in which you choose the winner.. name upon leaves fished out of the water... so magical.... but then you have a way of bringing a bit of magic into so manys lives on a daily basis... thank you for all you do and even more for what you give of yourself..

    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited and thrilled to be chosen for the earrings...and I can not WAIT to create something and leave it for discovery as well. What a fun way to pay it forward.

    Thank you so much! I just feel full of beauty and magic in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so gald I came by your beautiful blog! i am already awinner....your precious daughter is a gift to look at in each photo....Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so special.....Indi so precious.....we are all so fortunate to know you, visit you and share a bit in your magic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Sheree -- you even make the drawing of your winners a magical event! :)

    Hugs,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can't believe i am the winner of your beautiful wall hanging!!!! and to have my name chosen in such a magical way by such a sweet angel, and photographed in such beauty, makes it that much more special! thank you sooo much...i am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheree,

    I love how you picked your winners, once again you have inspired me. My journey post OWOH is up.

    Thanks again, Dena.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting here has been such a heartful experience. Thank you, and congratulations to those who will be receiving these special gifts =)
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to tell stories.....but not only was your beautiful story with its exquisite photos enchanting - you find a way to select your winner in the most amazing way as well. I love the way you have embraced OWOH and hope you continue with me in to Our World Our Art next year. I wait with bated breath for new a story and a beautiful creation next time.
    Mermaid hugs,
    Lisa
    www.awhimsicalbohemian.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your selection of the winner was just as beautiful as your other stories. What a lovely way to choose a name and how beautiful is your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shereeeee!! I am beyond delighted at your mermaid tale. It is beyond incredible, really! I am so gald i peeked in. You are amazing!!! Love, V

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment