Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Cant Think Of A Title!

I like to start my morning by washing my face in freezing cold water, putting on my expensive moisturiser and then mascara followed by earings, always the same, everyday... and it seems that someone has been watching me everyday without me even realising.
 Look at this wonderful effort at mascara application, I have no idea how she got her aim so perfect and actually connected with her lashes. Well done my sweet, but hopefully you will take after your fathers black lashes xxx  I left this on her all day, it was a great story and she thought she looked wonderful !


So friday I went to the dump and saw this broken little cradle, screaming to be loved again, so I granted its wish and took it home...


I took the ends off and re drew a pattern that was a bit more pleasing and aerodynamically correct and went to it with the jigsaw...


then I painted it, its amazing how much of my paints have dried up while I have been indisposed..


and voila, the dollies love it...and it has a twinkle cut out of the end.. I love shaped holes, soo cute..


shooting stars, very 'Jem and the Holograms' one of Indi's favorite movies, how 80s...
So that is a piece of rubbish, which is now loved and I didnt have to spend a cent on some plastic fantastic cradle for the dollies.. I love that xxx


It has been a wonderful morning, we dropped dad off at work and went for a walk at the beach, it was so still and warm, not bad at all for winter in the winterless north...


Its nice to see thats its not just humans who have trouble getting up in the morning, this poor little fella is still trying to shade his eyes from the coming sun...


We walk up to a place of our heritage.  My family sailed into this harbour 150 years ago and built this house from sticks and shell and lime.  It has ghosts that walk the verandahs at night and beautiful worn door step from 150 years of visitors.  This is the most peaceful place I know of and we love to come here...


to pick flowers in the garden...


"what are you doing here?? its not spring yet!"


and make potions...


beautiful flowery potions, while mum sits back and talks to her ancestors and remembers to be slow and just breathe, if only for a short while....


I love this palm tree, standing at its base, you know that 150 years of people have touched the exact same spot...


mix mix boil and bubble...


I have no idea what this big thing is supposed to be for?? Potions??


I tried to take a photo of my peaceful view but it just looks like a garden!
Im 7th generation to sit on this porch and my Indi is the 8th....I hope it will still be here for her to come and play at with her children one day...


We are a very lucky family with an intact heritage, I have always taken this for granted until I watched the programme "who do you think you are"  I never knew that so many people had no idea who they were past their grandparents.
Its very special to know our family stories....

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sheree and Indi!!
    I don't think it looks like "just a garden". We each have our peaceful haven. A place that is so quiet and serene. That we know better than any other place. That reminds us that we but pass through this plane and will someday move on to the next journey the Universe allows us to discover. That reminds us to find peace within ourselves and revel in the peace of nature.

    You are so lucky to know your ancestry. I know nothing. My grandparents came to the USA, immigrants from Poland. That's it.

    Be well and be happy.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family home for you to visit - and how wonderful for your daughter to have that experience too!

    Her new crib is perfect! What a great "reuse" story! She looks very lovely in her mascara too. There are some days, my eyes look like that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog on loopity lou. I love your ravings, you indy is beautiful! I wish I had a girl I could create so many fun things. I have two boys though and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I can always dream of someone to watch jem and the holograms with though.... Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true....your Heritage is sacred....I was adopted within my family, so I know quite a bit about one side of my family...and absolutely nothing about the other. But that's okay, in most ways our connections are stronger than blood :)

    That place is gorgeous beyond words...as is your beautiful girl, filled with innocence and light...and topped off with a bit of mascara...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the beautiful photos as usual... Yet the old house which has been in your family for generations is most dear. How blessed you are to be able to go to such a place where your family has visited for so many years... I am sure there are special spirits there. Beautiful... likewise I hope it is there for Indi, it is precious indeed

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to be touching the same spot as all those ancestors and sharing the same scenery as well as your genes!! Sounds like a truly special place that you live in :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheree - I've just been reading about the history around my local parts (namely, the Beach Highway - from Paekakariki - Wanganui). We're in the Rangitikei/Manawatu and how amazing to read about all these adventures that went on on our back doorstep back then! I really began to wish I was a 7th generation NZer like you (I'm only 4th generation)and be able to lay claim to some of this wonderful, rich history. My husband is 7th generation with ties to Kent house in Northland (via the Webbs) but he was born in Scotland - no fair!!
    Anyway, I read this post of yours with utter delight. I also know all about the mascara job your daughter did. Ha ha. Jason, whose the same age, has tried it himself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~beauty in the eye of the beholder!! l♥ve it...mine {boy} got a hold of my eyeshawdow...he came out looking like he tangled with war paint...adore when they get creative...she is gorgeous make up and all ; )

    moments to take it all in...absorb the life that once was and is now...ever so special to be able to visit and share wih your wee little one an invaluable piece of time and memories...something so many long to have...i hope this place remains forever and a day...warm wishes and brightest blessings upon you and yours~

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment