Monday, April 25, 2011

Trees Drop Leaves...Why Dont We?

I have been studying trees so much this rather busy week collecting leaves and wondering about their process of shedding old used leaves,
taking a breather
and then growing new ones..
and why it is that us humans are not following suit. 
Can you think about the process further and see the leaves falling, decaying back to the earth and being a clear space by spring, it naturally clears its slate, branches and ground every year.


We make new years resolutions but they are piled upon last years and all the other old stuff we are holding onto, and surely some day it will all have to give..our bodies are small, our brains are large but our cells can only hold so much and the emptier they are of negativity the better we can function and flow.


Hence my rather dramatic, violent and painful Transformation that started with me a year ago exactly this weekend.  I was a holder on, I layered and layered so much crap upon crap and never let anything go, when I started to feel panicked and uneasy I just looked around for more to do to take up that idle time that was letting me see inside myself and giving me glimpses of all the pain I was in. My to do list was insane, actually I had lists, lists upon lists of things that were going to make me feel better once I had completed them.  But the list never got smaller at all, I would complete one thing and add five more, no body could make me see what I was doing, I hated that others were trying to slow me down when I was obviously on top of my game just getting things done.

As bad or good as a breakthru/down is, I never ever would want to go thru this process again, I now wonder how I survived and didnt die, so that is why I have taken it so head on and are learning from it....My new lesson is

"Being Like the Trees"


It is Autumn here and I am spending time with the trees, collecting leaves that speak to me with their unique beauty, some I write things on, others I just hold as I talk/pray/wish away, all the things that I no longer need to get me thru this year, I will be shedding things so I can have a peaceful winter concentrating on my absolute pure core base.  And the less I have inside me the more simple I become and the more simple my surroundings become and I can also go from being upset to content in a much simpler way, my pain body is not grasping at the stores of information stored in my body.


Some leaves I burn, some I crush, some I throw away or bury or just leave back on the ground to decay with the natural seasons.
So is it time to free yourself?? and to let the light flow thru your body more easily??
I read thru blogs and see other women going down my path but I know they would not want to be told anything by a stranger, I just hope that some may recognise my earlier traits in themselves and rethink where their motivation for absolute busyness is coming from.  If you cant sit still for, say 4 hours and be peaceful without worrying or planning what to do when you finish relaxing, well that is a  little shining light just there.  Being able to be still and do absolutely nothing I have learnt, is an achievement equal to a hard days work, and most people will find the relaxing part harder.  I always thought it was being Lazy! and I had such issues with lazy people.  Thank the heavens that has all gone now.  Sorry relaxed people for judging you so harshly! eek!  I should have been learning.


 Why this post today??, Im not sure, I just had a great bonding weekend with some friends who I love, we opened a shop together for 3 days to sell our creations and made much more than money, we made a connection, something I felt I would never have again after being left with major friendship trust issues, but I am letting people in again and it feels wonderful, so wonderful I cant wait to get outside and find more leaves to let more stuff go and make room for more love.
Let it go people, not everything has to be held and said.


Here is a photo from the girls easter egg hunt yesterday, pure magic, they were so well behaved, it reminded me of a favorite Louise Hay quote.
"I am happy to see other people enjoying prosperity.  It is a mirror of my own rich abundance"
There was no competition, just excitement!
These three flower children have such a special bond, and they will grow up knowing all our lessons, surely that means humans can only get better and better as the generations go along.  Our teachings of emotional wellbeing are so important...but are we teaching them??

well I will leave you with that

a huge pun intended!

and have fun letting things go

xxx
Sheree

10 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post. I will ponder upon it throughout the days ahead. Very beautiful. I'm so glad you are well and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought provoking ! I go to the trees when I want to get some perspective and see how temporary troubles are. It is hard not to feel like some small minded hectic insect, buzzing around in a 50 cm square of air when you are next to a woodland beech that lives to a different pace. They soothe and rebalance me, the woodland trees of my current home.
    But if the deciduous trees drop their leaves and gear down for the winter, then to spring into green beauty in spring, conifers too teach too that growth is to be had when winter has ended. Look at the tender and soft green shoots on conifers right around now. Even in the browning hearts of old and tired conifers you find new green tips that will clothe the dried out heart in new splendour. So yes, we can learn from trees, whether they drop the unneccesary leaves in fall to gather new strength over the colder season or whether they keep their leaves but burst out anew in spring with fresh promise.
    For me it is the promise of growth that counts and yes, we all need to take measure of our lives and sometimes to say goodbye to what we no longer need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for this deep, wise, inspiring post.
    this post means a lot to me and it feels so special that you have shared so openly.
    such love and sincerity shone through!
    with gratitude
    ~♥~☼~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  4. ruth-mercy@hotmail.comApril 26, 2011 at 9:41 PM

    Just beautiful Sheree, I am always in awe of how you are able to see the whole big picture in such small pure everyday things XX and yes what a very cool inspiring weekend it was - It meant so much to me to have been able to do it with two such amazing Ladies XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was beautiful Sheree
    And made me think about myself and my busyness! The never ending busyness!! And feeling guilty when relaxing.. Far out!! Some work to be done :)
    loved seeing you last week and hanging out with you and looking forward to my next visit.. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a strong message in those gentle words....they are finding me at a perfect time...

    Actually going to try to meditate for a class I'm taking....and excited about what the experience will hold for me :)
    So true, though, that it is a 30 minute guided meditation and I'm putting it off til I have 30 minutes to spare! Sheesh!

    I see the mirror you're holding up for me :) Thank you....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always transported when I visit your blog...your photos have sung to my heart with this one...thx so much for sharing your insides. I'm really happy to hear you are not feeling so alone any more...I always have such concern for you...and I don't even know you..but I always want to check up on you and make sure you're okay....life is so funny that way.
    However, I do know of you and of your spirit...you are just so fresh and real to me, and I appreciate the peek...thx for all of that!
    mucho love, juner

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these words.....so happy for you to have arrived at this moment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such sweet sweet leaves.

    we're not great at shedding, at letting go. we hold on tight thinking this is our strength. we have forgotten the wisdom of compost.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment