Friday, April 8, 2011

Birthdays, Prayers and Cutlery Wares

Busy busy busyness that I feel may finally be over.  All the birthdays are done and I can get into preparing for winter.  The weather has done a huge shift, I usually love Autumn and its slowly turns warm and cozy and next its cold but we have gone straight from sunburn to cold winds.  Summer is over, just like that : (
Still me and my big girl are busy painting prayer signs for the garden which will have all 18 virtues from the Bon tradition.  Once your body flows with all 18 of these you will have serenity, so we want to remind ourselves daily...and in nature.


For little Miss Indis birthday yesterday all she wanted to do was go and milk a cow! and work with daddy so she got her simple wishes and had the best day.


working hard to relocate the baby Pheasents into their new pens...smile birdie, your being squeezed to death! eek!!!


and then off to a friends to watch milking, aint she pretty..


a great thing for kids to understand where everything they love comes from, not from the shop or bottles!


mmm fresh warm milk..


and then to help collect the eggs for her egg business, lucky Indi is used to birds, there is a lot of noise in here!...


baaawwwkkk!


and we filled up the trays..


with some to take home and make a birthday cake with.. yay!
and that was all she needed to be satisfied on her birthday.
Its nice to watch a 3 year old and remember that happiness lies in simple things
like nature and animals and natural gifts
so hello to the big 3 year old, so long terrible twos! haha


I have finally put new stock in my ETSY shop, its just something I find so time consuming, so I make things, like the prayer flags in February! and never get time to put them up.  So here are two new things Ive done.  Prayer Flags which I intended for childrens rooms but so far have been selling them to adult collectors.


in qute a few colours..


more in shop


and I have finally returned to the engravers to get my cutlery sets, the poor man must have thought I had moved countries I had left them there since June last year. You can see my intentions in this post here, and this is what became of them, (not the original idea at all!)  Awareness Cutlery, which I just love. There are 6 sets, all with different intentions.
The knife has the Awareness word, the fork has the words initial and the spoon says 'Raven Moon Magic'

Grace


Magic


Gratitude\
and more in the shop..


 Im off for a much needed lie down, I dont know how you mothers of multiple children do it, what an amazing stamina, I am so zonked.  Mis is at grandmas playing with the new baby budgie x

wishing you all the best weekend
with an adventure or two

xxx
Sheree

PS.  and i would like to say that I have just done an ETSY trade, so if anyone is interested in this way, I am too, all my ETSY sales that go thru Paypal get spat back into ETSY anyway, when I splash out on beautiful things.
xxx













6 comments:

  1. I think our daughter's would agree that this is a wonderful way to spend a Birthday! Mine just talks nonstop about being a Veterinarian and living on a farm. Happiest Birthday to your little Indi....3 already!

    I'm always up for a trade, My Dear...you know that, Silly...hehe!

    Have to peruse your wares, I will...
    Nothing but big hugs for you and endless sparkles of joy for your Princess :)
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sheree, again you amaze me...and inspire me too xx dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cutlery is amazing. I wish I could afford to buy Grace for my niece who is named Grace. She is a middle child and lways seems to get left out. Her won special set of cutlery would be really cool. I think you little Mis had a wondeful birthday adventure with daddy. Wish more kids were that simple and enjoyable./ I grew up my frst 10 years around a farm and settle saw a tv. So much to do with lots of cousins and farm animals. The youth now days with the electric gadgets don't know what they are missing. And your little Miss is a real treasure to be cherished. She is missing nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tess, I do agree that children today are losing touch a little or maybe a lot with what it means to be in this world. Children who wont be near nature because its dirty is a sad sight, its a connection we all need to feel.. but I dont want everyone to think my child does not watch tv. she has alot of DVDs and is obsessed with them just as much as with her outdoor adventures, and books and cooking. its all about balance and some rainy days she will watch 3 movies and the balance is gone, but I feel the movies are great for her memory, and her wild imagination, its amazing the things she can remember and how she uses what she learns in her movies to relate to real life. We buy her all the movies we love so she has alot of 80s and 90s stuff. So outdoors good, TV good, balance....a constant challenge! haha all Im worried about is manners and being concious of how her actions affect others and the world. Theres nothing worse to me than a child who isnt aware of the things they are doing. This is our job to help them understand. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful signs of life and love the way it should be. As always a wonderful look into your world.

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at the pure joy in your sweetie's face! I'm so happy she had a wonderful birthday. I love your prayer flags and awareness cutlery - what wonderful new treasures. I shall have to take a peek into your shop. And did you mention trade? LOL xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment