Friday, January 13, 2012

Thankful for Feathers

I have had an exhausting but fantastic week with so much creating that today I can feel the tiredness via a lazy eye....how sexy am I !!
I wanted to be grateful and send out some thankyou's into the world.


I have my darling chickens to thank for the feathers that feature on all my Clothes and Jewellery in my new collection 'Gypsy Queen'
Yes the birds have died for this art, but they had amazing lives here on my farm and were really yummy to eat and uber fun for a 3 year old to pluck and gut, the gratefulness is endless with these chooks, eggs, love, fertiliser, feathers, meat and FUN!
Ever had chicken soup from a freshly culled chicken and veges from your garden?? Divine!
So wear their plumage with pride, they have earned it, we are so grateful xxx


I want to thank the people who make fabrics.  I know many of us have an issue with MADE IN CHINA, but at the end of the day these are people with families in these factory lines who are working hard too and they are doing a great job at making fabric so I can make you clothes.  Hate the big wigs if you must but feel some love for the little people who are creating some amazing stuff.  I only realised this because my daughter would always say "who made this mummy"?? to everything she loves and where appropriate I would answer "China" and she would say "Ohh wow, thankyou China!" and go about her business, and that made me think, yes its junk, its usually crap, but some person sat there and did as they were told and made this for us.  So not saying thankyou for everything you are putting out there, because man is there some disposable shit....but thankyou China for making some pretty cool fabrics. Thankyou xxx



I want to thank Pinterest for allowing me to make boards of inspiration so I could realise just how much I 'AM' interested in clothes and styles and helping me realise that I love this shit and want to make some for you too.  All the things I cant find are now being made by me..score, best I do something with that Fashion Design degree from back in the late 90s! So Pinterest, what an inspirational tool, as long as you can couple it with ACTION!  Thankyou xxx


and for the Action I have to thank Goddess Leonie, I learnt something from her which is called 'Riding the Wild Donkey', its all about having an idea and while it is raging in your mind you need to just dive in and grab that bitch and do it, do it, do it till your ding dang done! otherwise it will run off and you wont remember what the original idea was really all about.  Ever read half arsed plans written randomly and have no idea what you were even talking about because you never went into enough detail??? Yes thats when you should have ridden the donkey, even if it means being a little sleep deprived for a few nights or shipping out the kids to babysitters for a few days, just do it.  So thankyou Goddess Leonie for helping me recognise a Wild Donkey scampering thru my yard.  Thankyou xxx



Thankyou to Kelly for taking our child for a drive so I could write this too.
The NOISE is back, better get onto dinner
love to you all
be Thankful for something today
what could that be????

xxx
Sheree

*Update*


Ok so Im back with another thankyou, I just wanted to thank all 116 of you that have watched my new video 'Gypsy Queen Collection' in the last 24 hours.
wowsers! to me that is alot
thankyou thankyou thankyou

here it is for all who have missed the last post

 

eeeekkk!!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for modern technology that allows us to talk and share and inspire...and Skype!
    I would feel mighty lonesome in my creative journey without all the wonderful artists I've met here in Cyberspace :)

    That being said, I'm thankful that my almost 6 year old is not begging me for expensive electronic devices. She is very happy in her world of plastic animals and puzzles and books, and has not yet been sucked into the "more" philosophy of instantaneous information and constant entertainment. I am so glad that she has simple tastes.

    I can't wait to see your beautiful Collection! I love that your art and work are one in the same.....you bring bits of yourself, your lifestyle and culture to the table....like an alchemist imbueing a potion with all the surrounding elements.

    I'm thankful you're back with a post again, too!
    Love ya'
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good it is to hear from you again! Looks like you have quite an exciting new collection in the works. :) I love the Goddess Circle, too, although I haven't had too much time to play there. I like Pinterest, too. It's so much fun to share wonderful treasures with everyone. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment