Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fabric Printing #2

For the second type of printing you do need a screen, but just a good old blank screen, nothing too flash
I brought this paper cut out called 'Lace Cardstock', I think its for scrapbookers, but they come in very well cut designs and are great as stencils



so tape the card to the back of your screen


and use as you would normal screen printing, I havent done over lapping on this one, just blocks


the results are great, so crisp and precise


Yay for education!!


I printed 8.. hhmm wonder what they will be


after printing squares I tape over most of the card but leave this design


and print 4 of these..  now that all my printing with this card is done the card is wrecked so just has to be ripped off the screen and thrown away, but they are so cheap its ok.  the longer the paint stays on the card the wetter it gets and starts to wrinkle too so you have an hour tops to print with a paper or card stencil


and here is my beautiful model once again with the hoodies we made, the blocks became the sleeves


and the oval print on the front


and hoods for cold winter ears, I made the sleeves shorter because kids always have wet sleeve end in winter from playing which makes you have to take off the whole hoodie, short sleeves not wetness! 
so Im a problem solver too!




I have 3 more of these hoodies which I will finish and get in my etsy shop soon, they are all for 2 year olds

anyone feeling a printing bug yet????


xxx
Sheree



9 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a good old tutorial! Love the hoody! Indi bindi looks great in it. I think you should start giving pattern tutorials hint hint.
    xooxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out beautifully! so envious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very glad to have you back! I've never tried screen printing, but the process looks relatively straight forward, and the end result is fabulous! Adorable hoodie on an equally adorable model ;o)
    The previous post using the hot glue gun is something I might give a try, thanks for the quick tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the model... she is adorable. interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! Thank you again for showing us the process. This design pattern is truly lovely - and what a gorgeous model! ;) Hope you are enjoying the day! :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! And such a perfect model!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~this is such a fun craetive project...and yes i agree with all of the above...the perfect sweetpea of a model! i am glas you are slowly making your way back here...i have left you something on my blog when you are ready to write again! warm wishes and much l♥ve and light upon you and yours~

    http://tofallorstumbleupon.blogspot.com/2010/05/mind-blowing.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These images are fantastic! And as for the cute little jersey- I wish I had a two-year old....no, actually I wish I WAS a 2year old!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment