Monday, September 12, 2011

Turning Of The Sage

I am obsessed with a new tool I have found on Picasa and its the Tinting Tool.
No picture is safe from being transformed into a 70s golden time warp picture.
I love it and have a new story in mind with this magic tool as the star.
How fun will this one be!!
Here is Indi with her cousin Lauren, one child photo shoot, easy peasy, 2..not so, 3 impossible! but we got there in the end.  My mum will take these pictures to Scrapbook camp and put fairy wings on them, made from OHP plastic and glitter paint.


It has been rather a beautiful winter and will probably go down as my favorite so far, this is 7.30am, already warm enough to play outside.  I like to suggest its always warmer at our house because we are on a high hill, closer to the sun!  People look at me like Im crazy, but Im convinced its true!


And this is my most favorite part of the gardening year.
Its not harvesting or watching seeds hatch or even my babies thriving.
its the
'TURNING OF THE SAGE'
Every year over the end of Summer, Autumn and Winter Sage becomes small scraggy and dry looking, although its still very much alive it looks very much dead.
For me the changing of seasons is hinted at by my beloved Sage, a plant I fell in love with growing when I worked in Italy.  Its also close to my heart because when I was pregnant they say donot eat it.  I found out why, after all I have the most sensitive body ever, and I ended up in hospital at 32 weeks with contractions, my body trying to spit my baby out, but she mananged to crawl up under my ribs to get away from all the drama, very strange for the doctors, a first for them!  Another story there!  All was well, she stayed put!

Anywhooo...


This is what is happening in my garden right now, the green on the Sage is appearing before your eyes, It looks so lush excited to be here.  It has woken from its winter slumber and rubbed its eyes, ready to expand to widths and take over the garden...


fresh green on dry green, in real life its a comforting sight
Spring Is Coming
Then Heady Hot Summer
This is the part I love most, this is my signal to get going get planting get ready for feasts to come.


Strawberries a plenty, we have planted 32 more plants!


and the Chamomile Divas are everywhere, you only ever have to plant once and you will have these friends forever...


This is our new addition to the family
Crazy Daisy


Goats are great, to watch their antics, for the kids and for keeping random bits of grass down, everytime she sees someone she bleets, its nice to be acknowledged that often!


She is healing a hole in my heart  (no pressure Daisy) left by our previous goat Heidi, who died after we went a partied with friends for the weekend while she got tangled in the sun and dehydrated and died. I have never been able to forgive myself, she was so special.
We got her as an orphan from the mountain you see in the first goat photo, her mummy had abandoned her because she was born with 3 legs!  her missing one is a little hook.  We got her as a 2 weeks old and she was the size of a cat, a screaming hungry little cat!



Funny when Kelly went to pick her up we thought we would need a trailor, when he came home I thought he hadent got her, and there she was curled up in the front seat of the truck. sooooo cute.  Everyone had a soft spot for rascally Heidi  sniff sniff : (



Back to tinting......just cant stop!!



and more tinting, this is India's face after painting a masterpiece, she gets her wild thrashing painbrush methods from watching me lately, letting it all out!


Well dishes to do, washing to fold,  200 or more magazines to go thru and rip out pages I love before they go off to the market, sick cow to tend to, house to tidy, floor to sweep, crackers to make and child to play with.

Ohhh and a bit of Tinting!!

I cant stop singing this song HERE
and I even found it on you tube for you with a 'Return To The Blue Lagoon' home made video, which is a movie I luuurvv.  I always wanted to be stranded on an Island.

I listen to this music and other old stuff when I have a day off because it reminds me of days gone by, of absolute freedom which seems to transport my body back in time and I can truely relax!

Hope you find time to relax today, and I hope those of you in the Southern Hemisphere are running outside to check your
Sage

Sheree
xxx


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I too love my sage, we have had the same sage bush for over 10 years. It has had its moments of almost dying out but radically she comes back and I can take a breath again! Your Daisy is precious and I am glad you are able to have such a cute therapist for your loss. Have a wonderful upcoming week!!
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a little baby sage that's just starting to stretch in the sun! Have you got Milla's album? I came across it on the web years ago, loved what I heard but have never got around to buying it. I did think however, that it's terribly unfair that someone so gorgeous should be able to make really cool music as well, he he! And the original 'Blue Lagoon' with Brooke Shields is a favourite of mine...I went to see it when I was 14, and I sooo wanted to get stranded on a desert island too...with Christopher Atkins of course...hmmm, I wonder what he looks like now?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that sweet goat face! So sorry to hear about poor Heidi...and that your cow is sick!

    32 strawberries...wow! We had just 2 tomatoes, a cucumber and some snap pea vines...and I was thinking of doubling that next year...haha! Course, you have a lot of mouths to feed!

    Hey, I just had that moment....it doesn't happen often....I'm sitting here typing in the dark (I've been up all nite) and suddenly, it's daylight! How does that happen so quickly like that?! Just a cool thing I don't get to enjoy very often...haha!

    I sooooo want to fool around with Picasa! I can't install it on my computer for some reason....I've heard so many good things :)

    That picture of Indi with paint on her face is just perfect! Makes us artsy Mommas proud :D

    I apologize that I didn't see that you IM'd me til it was too late! I answered and it said you logged off. I was putting Maggie to bed (it was 9pm here)....late, but was just checking my email while she brushed her teeth. We've been furiously working on Halloween around here....I'm so excited!

    Okay, I better leave room for everyone else, now...
    Much love,
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheree. I love picnik, too, and all the little fun tools they have (like the airbrushing one - which I use frequently...LOL). What a sweet goat!!! I just adore them. If I could, I would have bunches of them! The smell of sage is intoxicating - I can't imagine seeing so much of it in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheree, keep up the wonderful writing!!! Your words and pictures touch a wonderful place inside of me. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Shirley Jackson-Bradley

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment