Sunday, November 13, 2011

The 18 Virtues That Lead To My Serenity

Are you having to deal with anxiety like the other 90% of us???
Since my body has awakened, I have had a lot of fear and anxiety swimming around in my body.  It is sometimes a daily battle when things are moving thru but otherwise it has been a year and a half now so Im a dab hand at dealing with it.  Anxiety has helped me to step back and rethink the things Im doing, why is this making me anxious?? do I really need to go thru with these plans??  I have cancelled alot of things in my life that I thought were important before, and I now say NO a whole lot more.  I have no idea how I ever crammed so many things into my day before.  It was definitely my down fall.  I remember I used to sit still and try to relax but every time I did i could feel something coming, behind me, creeping in, it was such an uncomfortable feeling that I would jump up and find something to do constantly.  I couldn't even watch tv, I had to be writing at the same time or involved in an action.  Thanks to my breakdown process and the huge amount of work I have done, this is now all gone, and its quite the opposite, I feel terrible if I try to do two things at once.
A wonderful book I read that helped me understand fear and anxiety is called 'The Tibetan Art Of Serenity...how to conquer fear and gain contentment' by Christopher Hansard.  who turns out to be a New Zealander too!


One thing that stood out for me were the 18 virtues, I read them over and over and wanted to have them with me daily, so I painted and wrote them on signs to place in my garden, as a kind of meditative walk I can do daily.  but firstly here is what he writes about the virtues.

"Sometimes our minds, our hearts and our energy can seem like muddy water, but if muddy water is left to rest and be still, it will eventually clear.  In the creation of this clarity, which is serenity, you will experience what is called, in Bon tradition, the Eighteen Virtues.  Each of them and all of them will bring serenity into your daily living as they appear naturally in your life.  You will not have to make them happen, in fact, you may have some of them already.  Once they all appear, you will discover that they enable the serenity within you to be expressed directly into the material world.  Read each of them and their descriptions aloud, taking your time, and consider them as you hear yourself speak.  Each of these 18 dwells within you as living potential and as each is awakened, they merge to create a complete serenity that not only empowers you spiritually but also acts as a tool that will enable you to love and live more skillfully"
my wonderful little helper, on task about 60% of the time!
SO here are the signs we made, they are just ply wood painted with exterior paint and then the writing done in a vivid marker, I was going to go extremely arty but then just thought, just do it! and get them out there....
Enjoy the walk...here they are.



















I also condensed a page he had written about the meaning of life which I just love so much, so that was made into a big sign which is like the gold at the end of the rainbow journey, and spits me back into my courtyard.


I love how he says they dwell inside you after being read, like you dont even have to be actively understanding them, just as long as you body is hearing it, you are taking it in.
If you go HERE you can print out the virtues for yourself that I have typed up.


Today is a beautifully drizzly day, perfect because of all the seeds I planted yesterday, grow seeds grow xxx and come join the healing garden, and after spending all last night packing Spat till 1am this morning, I am going to use this drizzly day to sleep and recover. Child permitting of course!

So please use these virtues every day if you can, check out the book if your having a few fear issues, it's so common these days with the Quickening going on, Im 100% certain that my bodies journey over the past years has been preparing me for this. 
If you don't know what I mean by quickening, watch this film, it explains the Mayan calender better than any other thing Ive read of watched.
It's YouTube and 1hr 15mins but very worth it, the pace and womens voice are very engaging.  Let me know what you think about it, and pass it on to anyone having a strange tough time.



Well time for bed now, those virtues took forever to type with two fingers!

Happy Awareness My Wonderful Followers

xxx
Sheree

7 comments:

  1. Thankyou so much for taking me for a walk through your garden and these wonderful virtues :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I love these virtues, thank you so much for sharing them. I love your signs.
    A wonderful video. I haven't watched it all, but I will return to it later on today.
    I am glad I found you.
    Keep the faith and flow.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to awe and inspire....I see you in each of these virtues....and luckily....a few in myself! I love that you've put these in your garden....in a way, it is a form of multitasking...to stroll or work and let your mind ponder over these :)

    As for the quickening...I don't doubt that the world is changing/shifting....it makes me sad, actually, to think of all that will be lost at our own hands.
    I'm afraid I didn't watch the video...it's 3:40 am here...and I just can't fathom that kind of thinking now...haha!
    Thank you, as always, though...for expanding my imagination and knowledge outside of my little suburban bubble...it can be lonely in here :)
    Hugs,
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful lessons to live by and the fact that you have interspersed them throughout your garden is stellar. I also saw your beautiful lady sculpture again in your garden. I hope you show some close-ups of her sometime. She's a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your signs, and the messages on them, your garden is beautiful. Your message comes at a perfict time for me because of what I have gone through this year. For all the bad things that have happened this year I am trying to feel grateful, because of them I have found(well still working on it)out who I really am and what I really want and need. I just wanted you to know that you have also helped me pick myself up and grow strong again (along with the Goddess Circle). You are a awesome woman with much to teach and share. Thank You. Natalie, natalie_adair@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. what wonderful signs, so inspiring!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.
    Proverbs 14:12
    Bible – New International Version

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment