Sunday, November 13, 2011

Small Happy Happenings

Eggs for breakfast thanks to our chicken friends, they give us 6-8 eggs a day which is enought to feed us and gife to 3 other families each week, chickens really are a great deal.  The eggs, the poo for the garden, the feather treasures and the fun and games Indi gets to play with them.
Thats what you do when your and only child in the country, role play with animals.


Im out every morning trying to find the perfect shot of this!  Poppies opening but still folded up, its amazing how they unfold, an amazing meditation is just watching the flower escape and expand its blanket of petals to the sun, much like watching a butterfly pump up its folded wings.  We also watched a quail hatch on friday from fist peck of the shell to getting out, it was such a great process and also so frustrating, we so wanted to help, but when you do they usually turn out to have brain damage and have to go.  Something about the birthing, hatching process is connecting all the bits in the brain together.  Its a great process to watch.  Good for teaching Miss Ants In My Pants patience.


We have been busy as bees this week, still more spat coming in so lots of late nights and hard work, Kelly is delivering it now, a 14 hour drive away.
I also love to go out in the afternoon garden and see all the bees loaded up with pollen, we dont have any hives here so I always wonder where they are taking it all, who's honey are my poppies makin?? They are so friendly and pose well for my camera.


This to me looks like heart ache from someone who has been burned by love, they are left open and raw inside and have grown prickles on the outside to stop letting any one ever get close again, this poppy needs a hug.


I love how I managed to capture the black in this shot, Amazes me how these grow from the tiniest seed, same size as these ..... and the petals fully form inside that little prickly pod, never getting tangled, I wish I was a fairy and I would wrap myself up in those petals and make a beautiful red dress.


tasty treats for Daisy the goat too, she loves eating poppy petals, but then being a goat she will eat anything we give to her.  Indi's best friend, she is always collecting food for Daisy, all different grasses are potential treats here!


 these were the photos we took the day before indi broke her arm, flying on her trampoline, reaching for the sun, I thought this arm would have slowed her down, I feel she may have almost sped up, the cast is like a challenge and she is determined to win..


I love the glow of the sun, these turned out perfect!


just like our spring weather, the plants are looking amazing around here, flowers and colour are in abundance, you cant help but smile as you walk around, and I have planted strawberries in every garden so Inidi has to make a round trip to get them all, or just pop to various gardens thru the day.  kids love gardens so much, even if they dont love the work all the time, they can help out for little bits and still understand the process.


I see  fairy goblet in the making!


and a fairy party !


full of magical sunlight


This is a little bit of artistic magic, my child prefers to paint big and really live in her art work, so out to the grass with her


to experiment with paint everywhere.  Lets start covering our face


did I get it all???
Yes Buddy you did!
Off to the shower with you then
so much fun was had, its good to let kids go creatively wild once in a while
a huge amount of cleaning up but it dosesnt really hurt does it?


Well I must get buzzing, time for a nap before we go out for Sunday roast dinner down at the Cafe. Yum!
Take care with your gatherings and have a fruitful weekend xxx


and I will see you in a few days, with some words of wisdom.

much love
Sheree
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Awww....such beautiful pictures....that prickly poppy just emerging is a gorgeous one....and Indi on her trampoline is just perfection!

    I have trouble with the go ahead and make a mess stuff....though, since I only make her clean up her toys every so often, I'm hoping that counts. Maggie loves to play all over the place, so there are plastic animals and makeshift cages (I don't know what that obsession is about...haha) stashed in cabinets and drawers, couch cushions....and on most flat surfaces...haha!
    I'm looking forward to you acclimating to Preschool schedule...and seeing what you do with yourself...heehee!
    Btw, Maggie would adore Daisy, too :)

    Loving those eggs...I so wish I could have chickens....I've always wanted them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of the mud (or paint!) monster! My poppies are all done, they came out beautifully a couple months ago and are now all finished and dried up. Half my vegie garden is running up to seed (my coriander and dill already have). And it's still Spring! I think we are in for another long, hot, dry summer, sigh!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment