Monday, June 13, 2011

Ask Believe Receive Banner

I woke up this morning with a crazy urge to cancel my plans and stay home and redecorate something, its strange when you give in to these impulses and then read a few hours later something in your daily horoscope like this ..... "right now the skies are strongly suggesting you tidy up your own backyard before anything else.  It's a great time to tidy up any issues you have to do with your home,  renovation or decorating plans and anything else connected to your home life."  So lovely to be in tune on the good days, not so lovely on the heavy crazy planet days.

So what did I do????

Kelly reads his books, "The Secret and The Power" every night, so we thought we would do something for him, I have moved paintings around and hung new gifts, but there was a gap left in the middle, I needed something thin and long.

I used book pages, lettering I printed with the computer, Indian ink and my beloved carbon paper...


I traced a letter onto each page


painted them in ink


and sewed them onto ribbon


with the largest stitch I had ( 4 )


 this is the space


and this is what we made, sort of paper prayer flag affirmations.
The main lesson in "The Secret"is the ASK * BELIEVE* RECEIVE cycle, its something we remind ourselves of everyday, so now we can really remind ourselves and everyone who visits us too.


It is really effective and makes me think that rarely do people have words hanging on their walls, i love it.


how appropriate where the word 'Receive" ended, right above a painting I recieved from Cameron of 'Paint Myself Pretty'


Its a painting she did for '21 Secrets' which i fell in love with and had to have..


she even posted it with real California roses which I had to frame with it, on some beautiful sparkley black velvet, I love the real roses behind a frame, love love love


and I finally have crossed some kind of bridge on my journey where I can hang my most beloved painting, it happens to be my most painful painting that I wasent even able to look at for the last year because I painted it to represent my living hell I passed thru, so scared that if I looked too long I would remember and might magically be dragged back there, kicking and screaming I bet!!


So all in all it was a great makeover morning, a little bit here and there and I will have a new house to look at soon.  And I made up two more ask 'believe receive flags' incase you werent inspired to make your own but still want some.  They are now  hanging about in my Etsy shop.
You can go straight to them here

Well off to make dinner, Italian fish with the fresh catch from the weekend.

I ASK that you be inspired by my journey
I BELIEVE that you are
and I know this because I RECEIVE your wonderful comments

Ohh Cheeseball!! You dont mind though do you!!

Have a truly 'In Tune' day, feeling your way thru your plans
which are so enlivening when changed at the last second.

Much Love

Sheree xxx



10 comments:

  1. You are my Favorite Cheeseball...haha!

    To see my painting up in your house makes me so proud...so humbled....so happy! I'm all giddy with that shy kinda smile that swells up from pride deep inside, the kind that as adults, we supress...but children run around like ecstatic little monkeys shrieking..."That's my painting!!"

    Call me one thrilled little monkey ;P

    I adore the re-do! I love that our art is linked with the ravens and are literally and symbolically at opposite sides of a life story...

    We ask that you keep posting your art, your musings and your journey here....so that we may believe in the magic that you remind us of....and receive your words of encouragement over the ethernet to open our hearts to it all :)

    Okay...just call me gorgonzola...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. I love your blog and am sorry that I hardly ever comment. Your art is amazing and I thank you for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an uplifting post my friend. I think we should all listen to the universe when it comes a callin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. most DELICIOUS cheeseball!
    I didn't mind one bit - in fact I loved it LOL!
    this was a wonderful post to travel through.
    The banner is amazing and looks fabulous!
    I love both of the paintings and the way they are framed is so skillful.
    I'm glad the painting from the torment time no longer has that power to instill fear!
    no need to reply to my comments - ever. I know it takes a lot of time and you have so many wonderful things to spend the time on (that end up benefiting ME when I get to read about them and see your juicy photos on this blog :)

    much light beaming your way
    ~~~♥~☼~♥~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. That banner is absolutely gorgeous!! And those paintings are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great creation! Oh I just love this. What font did you use? This was the perfect way to tie everything together and the paintings you shared with us are terrific. I'm going to go have a look at your etsy shop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, that was really lovely. I love , love, love your banner.
    Magic.
    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that banner is wonderful and absolutely right. I used to do a lot of calligraphy as gifts, and kept some, framed, for myself which we have hanging in different rooms. I thinks words on walls are good, and one needs to be reminded of attitudes, thoughts, positive things, or whatever and words on walls does just that.

    Its good when you can see your own progress and acknowledge it, especially when its been ever so painful. It should be something to celebrate and too often (in myexperience) we don't celebrate our own achievements, just those of others.

    So- CELEBRATE!!
    You are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your heart and your story. Absolutely love your banner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea the hanging you made is like prayer flags. Thanks for sharing. I found you on Creative EveryDay. I hope to follow your journey as often as I can.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment