Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Lemon Curd Sun Shining In

There aint no sun in the sky, so I have been looking around me for a little sunshine, and there are yellow things everywhere to brighten my day.


And the yellow thing I have a plenty is Lemons!
and when you have lemons you make lemon curd! 
ohhh I have eggs a plenty too : )  thankyou pretty chickens


so I grate the rind off 8 lemons (snore)


melt butter and sugar together


and scoop most of it out with my finger, who can resist melted butter!


squeeze the 8 lemons


add more sugar to the butter and sugar! eek


and beat 8 eggs together, (we use eggs for learning numbers and colours)


mix the butter mixture with the egg and rind and stir


over a double boiler


for what seems like eternity... but you end up sort of meditating, watching the foam swirl and make pictures, its quite a nice zone out, so dont make this if your in a hurry!
I can see a unicorn, what do you see???


It is finally bottled into sterilised jars, and here is the recipe, I doubled mine..


and got 6 little jars!!!! What?? yes it dosent produce much at all


but ohhh that summer glow, made with winter fruits, trapped in glass, it is worth it. Today I made fairy cakes with lemon insides, they will be scrummy tonight at art class xxx


So while it IS winter, its not that cold here, it rains every day, rain shine rain shine rain shine rain shine, drives you a bit mad really!  because its blahh out we make it all bling inside and something a little summery to do is eat ice cream and jelly...


FOR BREAKFAST!! 
yes I know...
 'Worlds Best Mum'!!!!
sign me up!
 if only my defiant 3 year old knew that!!


She has no idea that this is not normal!
but hey breakfast lunch and tea, no difference with me!

Let the sun shine in!

whats your favorite food your bingeing on at the moment???

mine is chopped up fruit and greek yoghurt, its my Oprah snack time!

Happy Days To You

xxx
Sheree

P.S. welcome to the new people from the Tea Party, I love the way these events bring us together with like minded people
love love love it!
mwahhh

7 comments:

  1. Well, doesn't Indi look absolutely adorable in that sweet yellow shirt!! Wherever did you get such a thing......a gift from a wonderful person, no doubt...heeehee teehee :D

    Yummy Lemon curd! Looks like way more patience than I have...but with fresh eggs and lemons, I bet it's Heaven in a jar! I see your unicorn...and raise you a smiling chameleon :D
    Told you that you can post about food! Heck ya'....your culinary creations are as magical as your artsy ones!

    ...It just so happens I'm trying a new flavor of ice cream right this minute. Boysenberry Cheesecake....pretty good...but was hoping for bits of cheesecake and/or graham cracker crust mixed in it...

    Yellow is such a happy color...Maggie's room looks great in it! She's wanted to play in there all day today :)

    Talk to you soon,
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that lemon curd does look yummy. I saw the unicorn, and a tree and a dragon with its wings wrapped around itself.

    Jelly for breakfast sounds like a fab idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lemon curd! I actually saw a Mama picking her baby child out of a cradle in a tree ( in the foamy lemony swirls. Should I be worrying?)
    Any way, Colmans mustard, hey I'm from Norwich where they make the stuff!
    Lovely photos and I agree with you about the food!
    I can't stop eating flapjacks, yum.
    Happy days to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon curd is one of my absolutest bestest things to eat - especially home made. Yum!

    I love the smell of play doh too :)

    We aint got much sun in the northern hemisphere either. It teased us on Sunday then ran off again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely, you are so creative!
    Love lemon curd with the food/drink I always binge on, tea and scones! The Brits hooked me years ago when I visited and I have loved a cuppa ever since (more like many cuppas). Your daughter is indeed lucky to have such a lovely Faerie Mum,
    Cheers,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh FRESH lemon curd...how delightful. I love the rich vibrant color of it. I'm addicted to strawberries right now. In fact, I just posted an easy-peasy strawberry jam recipe on my blog. :) Thanks for sharing your recipe. I see Indi is a big fan of sweet treats any time of day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can taste it from here!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment