Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Abundance Overflowing

I awake every morning to the same sound of pitter patter feet and the words 'bot bot' thrust in my ears, no good morning mummies in this house.  We go walking on the cooler mornings and look for spider webs along the fences, so perfect for a moment, gone by mid day.  I think I used to hold onto my creations too hard.  The exhibition I have put on this week means I have to let go of the things I loved creating.  If I think too hard I nearly cry but they have to go and make others happy.  So that is where i have been for weeks, getting an exhibition ready and now manning it till Thursday where I will pack up the remaining pieces and bring them home to be on etsy.  Im so sorry to everyone who has felt that I have dropped off the face of the earth, but Im still here and will be back in full force next week!...Surely something else has been happening!!... 

A beautiful friend brought me my first 'Vanessa Valencia' piece for xmas, I have just got it back from the framers and I love it, the frame cost the same as a fortnights groceries but thats ok hehe
We found beautiful delicate creatures running around the yard.
and there was even a treasure in that new letterbox....
It was a gift from Christina over at 'A Mermaid In The Attic'. 
I won here OWOH giveaway and I couldnt be more happy, here is what I recieved...  A beautifully wrapped package eewww..
and inside was yet another beautifully wrapped package....
made of fabric fibres and threads....
I unwound the wool spun thread...
and opened up to find a beautiful feather stitched to the cover page....
Its a book!!....






so beautiful and creative and drawn with the utmost care,  Thankyou Christina, i will post again when I make the special frame box it will be displayed in.
The way this prize relates to me is amazing to both of us, Christina never wrote the book with me in mind,but it just turns out that a Raven girl with long hair whose favorite colours are purple and pink won it, and even stranger is that inside the wrapping paper were these stamps and India is the name of my little munchkin.
The universe is strange and wonderful every day...
I cant help but think that I have received so much already from OWOH...ohh bless...
Now Im not going to put up artwork pictures because that would take me forever but here are a few opening night pics.  I had two American WWOOFERS come to help me and we made the most amazing food for the night, Black Ganache Cherries, they looked stunning...
and almond biscuits were amongst the treats, all  the food was gold leafed to go with my paintings, it was perfect.....
so here are some opening night photos....














It was a great night with alot of sales but I cant wait to get the rest up on etsy so you can all have a little piece of me in your homes around the world.
Friday is Etsy day for those interested...
and these are pics from my second lamp "The Secret Garden"  I will put pics of it up on the next post, a little let there be light 2!!
Thankyou for your paitence with my absence, I will be back with a vengence because I miss you all so much
Happy March Peoples!  WOW time flies!
sheree xxx

P.S.  I will also be doing my monthly appreciation drawing in the next post so everyone who commented on my blog in February goes into the draw for a gift.  Fingers crossed my sweets eeewww




19 comments:

  1. Hello Sheree!!! It IS good to hear from you again. What a beautiful, beautiful book you received from Christina...it is perfect for you. :) I love the art of Vanessa Valencia, too. :) Very "fanciful!" Those almond biscuits and cherries look divine; I'm very happy to hear your show went well and look forward to seeing what you'll place in your etsy shop! I am in love with the lamps you are creating...and I can't wait to see more photos of this one.
    Til next time...Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you loved it Sheree! The universe is funny sometimes, I think it likes to drop us a pointed hint every now and then to let us know that it IS watching and keeping an eye out for us...if we could only learn to trust its wisdom and let things unfold! Congratulations on your wonderful exhibition, and those cherries look fantastic (and you do too, btw!). Looking forward to seeing your next lamp piece...hmmmm, I've had a painting floating in my head for over a year now, called 'Le Jardin Secret', perhaps it's time to paint it...damn old universe, there it goes again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post was very interesting. I love the book you received from OWOH. Very talented artist. Your art gathering looked devine. So Chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have been a busy woman... I love the book you received.. Simply beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book is beautiful! I'm completely awestruck, though, with your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful post - we were almost there with you! Of course the universe works in mysterious ways - especially for those that are born under a Raven Moon!!
    To all your readers - I bought a wonderful Lady Peacock bag from the Etsy shop and have been blogging about its adventures today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm woken up by the shout of "mulk!"

    My 18 month old has inherited his Pa's thick scottish accent. (They spend ALOT of time together)

    Love your art gathering, and the book..awesome. Do you think she could write a book about a girl with kinky brown hair that likes green? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful book you received. So appropriate for you too. Congratulations on your exhibition. Glad it went well. How did you do the cherries? The look heavenly. I am always glad to visit when you post.

    Happy March. What season are you in there?
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore your work and pictures. I am glad your exhibition was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! What a beautiful gift you received and your vernissage looked fabulous! I am so happy you made lots of sales! Your work is so fascinating and beautifully unique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm, I think I need to make some more little books! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your exhibition looked amazing! Those cherries and biscuits...wish I had been there in person. I love your book Christina made...I am forever amazed at these little acts of serendipity in the world - magic does indeed exist x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to see what you've been up to.....kept checking back cuz I knew when you came back I'd be in for a treat. Your Exhibit looked fantastic....totally love the idea of making the food match the art!!

    That book you received was ever-so-gorgeous....like a waking dream! (Yes, Christina, please make more!)

    Keep doing what you do. We are all in awe and in love!

    All the Best,
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so proud of you Sheshe.. and finally glad that im amongst all these fantastic woman who now can see how amazingly talented you are.. The frame looks beautiful..
    I love you.
    Your long time friend.
    Becky.
    x0

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautitul post! Your exibition looked fantastic. :) Becca

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi sheree, i have discovered you through christinas site, isn't that just the msost beautiful wee book ever, and fate certainly lent a hand in finding you to be the winner. I love your beautiful site here, wonderful images & your lamp, gorgeous! i shall be back for a better peep when its not so very late.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Sheree, your OWOH gift is just perfect! I am so happy for you. :)

    It's also wonderful to see how much recognition you get as an artist. You SO deserve that. :)

    Hugs,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sheree - I am just so in love with all this beauty you create...I love, love, love teh cage with the fairy lights and the castle...my goodness but you have the bestest imagination in the whole world!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. PS. that frame you bought is totally perfect and I know what you mean about the cost! Lol! Worth it though! Just look at what it has done for Vanessa's artwork! Also, Jason discovered his first praying mantis today too. He had the same look of wonderment as your wee munchy does in that fab shot you took of her! Finally, omg but that is such an amazing little book you got from Christina! I had to go over to see her and remind her how amazing I think she is!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment