Thursday, March 11, 2010

Natures Fairy Furniture

Furniture for faeries, Ohh how cute, how hard to resist, I could make these things all day!!!
Im writing a book at the moment and it has fairies in it, I needed to make this furniture for a scene and it makes it much easier for me to draw if I can see it exactly as it would be.  I never thought they would turn out this cute.   My parents have alot of gum trees and the pods are amazing for making all sorts of things.  Please have a look and enjoy the cuteness you see.  All I have used is a hot glue gun and scissors with the treasures I collected from around the garden...pods, sticks, acorns, moss and dried grapevines for handles. ohh how fairy like.......


The table was made from sticks with moss on them, so simple and so simply cute...


and what a feast we have here, mmmm natures muffins and a huge jug of tea...

does this look like a comfy seat to you, so soft and mossy, pull up a pew and lets have tea for two...


am I tempting you??  you better hurry, word is getting out fast, it's the best tea in town, you know it wont last...

ahhh a ginger nut guest has come here to rest, hows the tea???

would you like a nature muffin???


they're rather teeny tasty treats mmmmm....

"CHING!!!" as munchy would say, not much in here for me....

and no where for me to sit either!!  I feel this party isnt really for me!!....




Hopefully I have inspired someone to create more of this beautiful furniture...


If you do dare to make the little people somewhere to rest and feast, please post a blog and let me know, I love the making of this furniture so...


Mmmmmmmm time for a real cup of tea I think!!

I hope I've made you smile today

Sheree xxx

7 comments:

  1. I think that perhaps you have a little of the fairy in you yourself?? Thank you for bringing a little magic to my morning. I may have to go exploring in the garden later to see what fairy furniture I can find...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now any material for natural fairy furniture is buried in snow here... Yes, it's still snowing, and I need to go outside to shovel snow. Again. Sigh... I am getting tired of that... So thanks for a little fairy magic to light up my day! :)

    Hugs,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have made me smile! You know I adore fairies (always have) I love the teeny little cups - too gorgeous! I need some of your furniture to go in my fairy house that I blogged about the other day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheree, this post truly made me smile. Your faerie furniture is DIVINE!!! What wonderful detailing. I especially love the little tea pot and the nature muffins. Everything is so perfect and magical. I would be interested in learning more about the faerie story you are writing. Perhaps the photographs of your beautiful creations can accompany the story?
    So very gorgeous!!! :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm inspired to make some. I would love to have a little set sitting among my flowers for any wee visitors that may happen by.
    Cheers,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any fairy would love to have these in their home.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment