Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blue Moon

With last nights blue moon looming high and shining its all mighty glow, I attempted to sleep!
Haha who was I kidding!!
A full moon like this almost makes you feel like you are wasting your time in bed, its so bright and eerily day time that you should be mowing the lawns or walking the dogs!
So I went outside and took some photos, just to make sure this once in a blue moon!! opportunity didnt go to waste.Who knew a blue moon actually had a blue ring around it!!  not me!
Maybe its just the camera??



The photos Im about to show are more interesting that visually stunning OK!
I havent let my 'precise pictures only' guard down.  I just didnt want to alter a thing..
This is how day light it was.....


In the next photo the shutter stayed put for 10 secs and I moved and saw this wonderful streakyness and thought hhhmmmmmm, this could be fun!!!


What if I drew a heart with my camera?? would the moon be a heart??
and it sure did but it was upside down??  I have no idea why! but all I need to do to remedy this is do a heart upside down, pretty simple really!!....


What the!!!  am I drunk???, so far from a heart, I had to laugh!! great upside down heart drawing ability!!!


Hmmm thats much better, and I love the way it makes the gas station lights into hearts too.
Well done, 15 pictures later! but well done!!

I love the moon, like a fire or the sea, it can be stared at forever.
and the wonder has so little to do with astronauts......
just witchy dreamy mysterious mooniness....


So moons aside, tomorrow is April fools, probably the only day of the year I religiously listen to the radio, there is some funny stuff going on out there in radio land on April Fools, I love tricks!, just not on me!!
So we need a new winner for the March Comments, 107 wonderful, inspiring, beautiful comments xxx
This months winner is getting a precious little Paper Moon Apron
They fit from 2yrs to 9yrs approx, so cute on baking kids.....
My wonderful model Lucy Goosy is 9yrs


The print on this apron is called 'The Hut', for all those tree huts I used to build, to be in the trees with the birds, making feasts and leaving them for my feathered friends, till I return in the morning and see if my fat and old bikkie cakes were devoured.


Little golden treats for our friend that tweets....


The print is screen printed on 100% cotton...


Satin edging with lace and roses......


and a dilly doilie in the bottom corner, sew sweet xxx


So who is the lucky winner you say???
why it was comment #69 which was on my Changing A Celebration post
Check out Theresa's blog and see all the beautiful Jewellery she creates, I know she will be so excited when she spys this!!
Thanks for all your comments Theresa, hopefully there is a little munchkin you know who will love this apron and can cook you up some treats....and I suppose you can thank the random number choosing thingy online, although I had to giggle because it seems the machine was in a rather naughty mood!!!

Thankyou to every one who comments on my blog, I live a little hidden country life so its good to get out there in some way.  I treasure everything that is coming my way xxx

Well I must get this posted before 'LOST' is on... I am a LOST addict, many have come and gone but I seem to be the only one of my friends who has stuck with this programme to the end, only 10 episodes left, whew what a long haul, I feel like this needs to be on my list of lifetime achievements when they talk about me at my funeral.  I am so emotionally invested in this programme, I could never give up on it but also its gonna be an amazing feeling to be free.
But will I be satisfied, or still lost?????
do do do do...do do do do (twilight zone there!!)

So enjoy your moonlit night, bring back the domestic apron and enjoy your TV time, I dont like how it gets such a bashing, TV writers are amazing xxx

Congrats Theresa  Yay!!!!!!

xxxSheree




10 comments:

  1. You have certainly contributed to the mystery and lore of the moon. You are a little off beat, a lot creative and always always a joy to wake up to on this side of the world.

    Good morning friend, or good night to you. Thanks for sharing your moonlit camera antics.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever! A heart moon!! I'm afraid that the persistent cloud cover of the last week has hidden the moon from us in the UK for the past week. In fact, Scotland and Northern Ireland are suffering heavy snow... (no April fool joke).
    I have a great joke planned for the employees of one of my customers tomorrow... (approved by the bosses of course). Can't wait to see how many fall for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi ! thank you so much for your message about my paintings on a fairy tale!! i really appreciate your opinion!!!
    your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, your moon photos are so much better than any I've attempted!! Part of my 'country property' dream is to be able to appreciate the moon and the stars without the overload of ambient electric light that we get here...sometimes you think it's a full moon, and it isn't at all, it's just general city light! Love the apron, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~who would have thought...crazy pictures! i can never get enough of the light and powers drawn from the moon...entrancing and intoxicating luna is...congrats to teressa...lucky little lady is she...the apron is so so sweet...my little ones wear their aprons and hats with pride when they cook...l♥ve...brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheree
    I popped over from my blog to say thanks for the comment. I love your humor and 'blood thirsty' ways! (giggle)
    What a wonderful blog... fun, adventurous and kind! So glad to meet you. Keep in touch. xo
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheree! What a surprise!!! Perhaps I can squeeze into the wee apron. LOL Maybe??? It is truly a beautiful gift, and I thank the naughty number generator for selecting me. LOL With that having been said, I'm happy you and Carrie met. :) And truly, I could chat with you about LOST all-day-long!!!! One of my favorites. This year is tremendous. Although my husband and I are still a wee confused and we sit there after the show analyzing everything! We have our suspicions!
    I love all your moon photos...it really does bring out the playfulness in folks. I love to stare up at it and just drink in its beauty - and I always smile. :)
    Have a glorious day, dear friend! :) And let nary a trick be played on you. xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheree!
    What a gorgeous Moon and the creative pics to go with it! I, too, have dreams of a country life, where a million stars twinkle every night, the garden grows so thick you have to wade through it and the bounty is more plump and tasty than anything shipped to the grocery store on a truck....

    Thank you for giving me sweet bits of my dreams in every one of your wonderful posts!

    Congrats to Theresa...such an adorable little apron :) I'd try it on myself, too!

    Oh, and we both must've had the Twilight Zone on the mind cuz I put up a pic on my sidebar and eluded to this theme being played in the background, as well ;-D do do do do...again, lol!

    All the Best, Cam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Theresa! What a sweet little apron!

    I love Lost. I can't get my husband to watch it with me anymore though, he just wanted answers and grew impatient...boo hoo.
    I love the moon photos! The heart one especially =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Fairy Moon - such a sweet little gift. Sheree, love the moon shots, looks like you had quite the time taking these. I love staring up at the moon, you're right, it is so magical and mesmerising. Hope all is great in your world...I'm off to the beach for Easter x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment