Saturday, March 27, 2010

Treats In The Mail

What a wonderful treat to be on the other end of giving.
I love to be the giver myself but when something special does come my way, it feels amazing
This is what I was gifted by Shona Cole from 'An Artful Life'
and I also got my copy of her book 'The Artistic Mother' in the mail too so it has been a Shona Cole inspired few weeks. How to make this butterfly is included in the book too...


'Pray Constantly' is the message she has sent me.  I was told last year by a tarot reader that I only pray or speak to higher powers when things arent good and I need help.  I was told that I need to address them everyday with anything thats going on good or bad, keep my connection alive...


So maybe this is that little message I need to see to remind me to pray/talk every day to something higher, Im always affirming to myself and Kel how great things are for us, so now I will remember to send that thankfulness a little further....Thankyou Shona, I love it, such a treasure xxx


I have hung my butterfly in my special place, next to all the little things I love....


Natures treasures and my daughters bedroom door....


Here is where all my treasures rest, when I come in the door from adventuring and finding natures pretties, they are placed somewhere on this cupboard.  This was my fathers when he was a boy, he has written his name all thru the drawers in crayon.  I have all my tea cups safely away in the top and wine glasses and beautiful table cloths in the bottom, wine! in the right corner, table setting thingys in the top drawer and munchy has the bottom drawer as her junk food drawer, chips and bars and bikkies  We feel its important that she can have these things whenever she wants and chooses not to have them, it means she dosent crave them because they are the same as normal food for her, not treats, she hardley ever goes in there....
And of course our poster from old times.  We lived in a portacom, which Im sure is equivilent to a trailor home, this was 6 years ago, we were so free it was amazing, we worked in a mandarin orchard and only had the two of us to worry about, we spent alot of time playing pool at the pub, aahhh the old days xx
I posted about this picture here a while ago


So here is something to make for your kiddies, dont you just love the cross eyes!!
We took a twig and glued it into a block, painted the twig with glue and sprinkled on glitter.
You can hang or glue other bits to your tree like paper or leaves but we put beads on the end of the branches..To make spring blossoms you can scrunch up bits of tissue paper to look like flowers and hot glue gun on...


A sparkley love tree xxx


And I have a thankyou to send out too
It is to Theresa from 'Faerie Moon Creations', she has been helping me understand blogger a bit better, I have been finding it really hard to reply to the comments you leave but now with my new set up, EVERY comment will be replied to privately, I was going around it a very time consuming way or generally not getting there at all, I wasent being rude, just had no idea how this thing works!! 
so thankyou Theresa for making me a better more polite thankful blogger.



Well its now 8.30 am on a Saturday and we are off to Nana's to pick Guava's to make Guava Jelly for our family and friends.  As well as involving Munchy in her first Dye mission, we have an abundance of petticoats to get thru today.  Lots planned for the girls, looks like dads going surfing!!!

Have a wonderful weekend

Sheree xxx

7 comments:

  1. Sheree, Just wanted to say I got the dress in my mail the other day and just love it !!! this is the blue one with the mandala... our weather is starting to warm up a bit here in Pasadena, CA and I am looking forward to wearing it... my daughter (15) said I shouldn't wear it outside the house!! LOL just for that I will post it on facebook !...

    I really enjoy reading your blog and look forward to future posts...

    Have a great weekend. Enjoy making the guava jelly... yumm

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~ooohhh so so much here you have shared...where to start! i received a little package my way too and l♥♥♥ve...it is just as beautiful if not more being in my hands and fits perfectly...thank you so...treats are such fun to give and receive and yours you were given is a wonderful reminder to all of us to give thanks daily for our blessings...as for you and yours...to be young and just the two...i often take myself back to those moments and savor the memories...yet would never change what is now with little ones and your little one is oh so precious...this little tree will definitely be on our list of crafts to do...much l♥ve and light...brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to be young again and just starting out. Loved your post and your daddy's cupboard. The butterfly is awesome and your little gal is so cute holding her love tree. That poster is fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your special cupboard Sheree...I'm a collector too, can't seem to walk out the door without bringing something back in; feathers, driftwood, shells, stones and bones. Somehow, these little treasures that we find seem so much better, more real, than stuff bought in shops. Perhaps you'd better pass Theresa's tips on to me too, I'm a beginner in all this as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sheree!!! What a lovely post and what a lovely treasure you received. I have heard so much about Shona and her book. It seems to provide inspiration to so many, and the gift has such wonderful words to live by. I love your treasure cupboard. My treasures are scattered in each room of the house - maybe so I can be happy in each room as I pass? And I love the little tree you made for your sweetie. Glitter anytime is lovely. :) And thank you so much for mentioning me, dearest friend! I hope that it is helping a little? :) Talk to you soon!!! xoxo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sheree, thank you for posting these pictures. It is a thrill to see something I made find it's way across the globe to it's real home. I am glad it made it in one piece too!!! and those photos of that glitter tree in the clutches of that sweet little one is precious! thank you
    shona

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment