Thursday, March 18, 2010

Changing A Celebration

I know that for most of you the feeling of the cold winter subsiding is sending a frenzy through the air but down here its a different story.
Summer is leaving, you can taste it in the air, see it in the wet grass of the morning and feel it in the crisp night sky, people scramble for last chance swims, fishing trips, camping holidays, summer salads and sun burn.
I should know, we just got back from camping and it was wonderful, but once night hit, sheesh was it freezing, three blankets freezing...by day we still swam and ate far too much meat...ahhh camping! 
But some other season is on its way.....
On Sunday it will be the autumn equinox, the start of the new zodiac year and the first day of my 32nd year on this earth.  I am born on the last day of the zodiac so am often named the Labyrinth.... a complicated person embodying all the traits of every sign before her. 
I dont like birthdays and i dont know why, I feel strange when the day rolls around,  I dont like being pampered, or breakfast in bed, Im more of a frightened looking creature, uncomfortable, agitated, depressed,... anxious for the sun to go down so tomorrow can start and the pressure can be off me...pressure to what?? to have fun, to enjoy my day so immensly because its about me! Ohh yeah!... but sadly no thats not how I have felt before... I always wonder when it will change, surely it cant always be like this,  but then I realised last night as I lay awake, that it wont change... I have to change......


The only thing I can do is have a day with no pressure, plan a little, throw in some magic, a few wishes and luck, some beauty for the eyes and a bit of tra la la....
So in two days time I will be having a birthday differently,  it will be great, Im going to have a tea party, with cakes and fruit tea and doilies and skirts and flowers and pretty cups and plates.... and if its only munchy and me then that will be fine, we can invite the dolls.  I will take plenty of photos so you all can be seated at my birthday table, celebrating with me.....


It does make me wonder if we have always felt like this,...does " its my party and Ill cry if I want to" ring any bells??? maybe the pressure has always been on from the start, most people know that the person throwing the party usually has the crappiest time out of everyone,


Lets see what the weekend brings, maybe I can surprise myself and love this special day!
any hints for birthday loving would be well appreciated, its time for a change....

sheree xxx


P.S.  I have been creating so many summer clothing treats, Im doing the finishing touches and some are looking like works of art, Im in love with them and hope you will be too xxx

14 comments:

  1. Hey - it's my birthday too (well on Monday, a day later). You should worry - mine is the big 40... I'm really not too happy about this... not a bit.... no sireee.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am 58. Birthday, smithday. So what. I never FEEL older. I never CELEBRATE it either. Why should I. I am...thats all. I do the best I am able to and I strive to be the best person I can be. I feel no pressure to be anything. And when I die, I will return in another life to start a new adventure. I just want to make the best of this one. No pressure. Enjoy your day with Munchie and the girls. After all, isn't SHE the most important part of your life...no pressure! Just enjoy.

    Happy Birthday. Can't wait to see you and Munchie all dolled up!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! i love the way you are writing! so peacefully...every time i read you you make me think a lot...
    my fairy witches are casting a protection spell on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Change is the essence of life.Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become...unknown"

    change can be a good thing...i think its wonderful that you were able to come to such conclusion...you may be surprised and truly enjoy this years celebration...a new door opens to what lies ahead...brightest blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be the big 5-0 on my day in April. I can't really tell how I feel about this one. I'm sorta excited but yet wonder what folly my daughters will cook up. They spread Halloween decorations all over hubby's pick up for his 50th a few Decembers ago. It really was hilarious and he took it all in stride.
    Create your own day, do what you want and let the others, family and friends, know this is how it will be. Then the pressure should be off for you to have a fantabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, my heartfelt wishes for a proper HAPPY birthday Sheree! Birthday's are like anything else I guess, whatever you make of them...no more than that, so make of it whatever makes YOU happy, a special afternoon tea with Munchie sounds perfect. I will be starting my 45th year in April, and parties are not really my thing so I think I will spend it doing something I really enjoy, with someone I love too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sheree! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your camping trip. And I do wish you an early happy birthday. Sometimes I actually feel the same way as you - even though generally I am happy. The thought of another year passing saddens me. And for me, I think it's that there are so many things that I wish to do and create and see. Ah, I guess it's true that you are as young (or as old as you feel). Age is simply a number. Your tea party sounds divine, and I look forward to sharing it with you through the photographs you post. I've only ever spent my birthday with just my immediate family. And really that's all I need to make me happy. I do hope you have a most magical and spiritual day.
    :) Your friend, Theresa
    And I am also looking forward to seeing your lovely new clothing creations. Your slip dresses were so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like it isn't so much the number but the idea of celebrating yourself...perhaps a new perspective is needed.
    After following your blog for the last few months, it's obvious that you celebrate all life in your world - from the earth to the sky and everything seen and unseen in between.
    Doesn't it figure in that you deserved to be honored also? Are you not an important life force within your world? *smile* My wish for you is that you see your value within the web of life contained in your world.
    And that you enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Change is growth. One day you and your daughter will thrill at the pages of your blog. She will be the star and it will be something wonderful you shared with her..your two lives together. I hope you are having your posts printed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you should celebrate the day you were born in any way that feels good for you...after all, there is only one of you...a tea party sounds delicious, and who better to share it with than someone as adorable as your munchie - a reminder of what you have created - see, aren't you clever? Whatever you decide, have a most wonderful, magical day. Ooh, and don't forget to eat lots of cake! I shall sip some champagne and send you a wish x

    ReplyDelete
  11. My birthday's coming in April....and I love a day where I'm supposed to be recognized for being special (though I tell everyone I am all the time :)
    The person whose birthday makes me both excited and wistful is my daughter's. She'll be turning 4 in May....I remember the day I found out I was pregnant like last night's dream...based in reality, yet foggy, but filled with overwhelming emotion.

    I figure now, each one of my birthdays is a matter of seeing as many of hers as I can...and there's no better reason for celebrating than that!

    All my Best to you, Sheree, on your Special Day. You being born has brought Magic into the lives of many...including mine. Thank you!

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sheree, Happy Happy Birthday, wishing you loads of luck and lovely surprises for the coming year. Your blog is beautiful. Infact the word 'blog' doesn't really do it justice, and I felt so inspired after looking at the amazing photos and little stories that I even started my own little one.
    I hope you do come out and visit my studio sometime. Would love to talk some more about art and stuff. Have a great day.
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday for tomorrow my friend! Jason and I have been making the most of the last of the sunny days too - lot s of tumbling and fun outside before we get trapped inside for the winter. And both our wee ones will be in their terrible twos, too! Lol! Great pics of your munchkin btw. Aren't they just delightful at this age (when they're not being wingey whinos, lol)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ~whoopsy...i may already be a day late...brightest birthday wishes to you! may this new year bring forth only sweet memories and moments to forever savor...may you journey on to new horizons and be filled with only great l♥ve in your heart...i hope your day was all you wished it to be...happy birthday sheree~

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment