Friday, July 22, 2011

Wil Womens Journey Self Love Pt3

For Wild Woman Journey Intro and Info Click HERE



Welcome all you Wild Women to my last post on 'Self Love', two weeks sure flies around here!  I know many of you are taking time to do the work I have suggested and I love your feedback, it lets me know Im heading in the right direction too.  So lets get going with this post and see what you can take from it to help move yourself into a new more posotive you xxx
My Experience

This is my experience with 'Self Love'. I feel it is a common thread these days, especially with the over communication of our times, we are so much closer but so much further from each other, there is gap emerging in our lives which is hard to pin point, here is the story of what was mine.

When I was lacking in self love, it was expressed as complete loneliness, a desperation for love from anyone but the ones who did love me. I could be in a room full of people who were friends and feel completely alone and isolated, Its like I couldn't reach them, so close but so far, I began to feel worse and worse and that began to show on the outside with me seeming more awkward with each passing day. It showed to me in the fact that every time I laughed (rarely) it felt completely fake and put on.

Naturally invitations dried up for the weird girl, I felt I was revisiting childhood rejection from school days. I started to fret about not being invited to things that I wouldn't have even been invited to on a normal day, all I saw was what I was not being invited to as opposed to what I was. Socially I had shut down so I used my professional interactions as ways to connect with people. I started to do the one thing that I knew could get me love..... I started to 'Volunteer'.

I was the girl who took on any role that was going to help out, take charge, give of myself. There was nothing I wouldn't do for a little praise, Ohh the praise and thanks, but in the end all that praise went no where, it all sunk into the big black hole of loneliness inside of me within an hour of receiving it. So what did I do? I did more! because surely if I had more praise it would finally hit the magic spot...my heart. But it didn't and I burnt out from the frantic volunteering.

When I had to give up my life that wasent working and let it all burn away,... I was left with ...me, and once I learned to love me, the old original me, all the loneliness melted away. I had found myself in a place quite the opposite to before, a place I didn't want people to come to, I chose complete isolation and it helped me to find a life that relied on ME only. Filling myself with love from me and what I do for me! So now that I'm back out in the world anything like praise, appreciation and love that does come my way, leaves a warm glow and I just move along happily with good memories.

I go out a lot less and enjoy my time at home more than before, when friends go to parties I not invited to, I love to hear their stories and see photos, I no longer feel Resent or Jealousy for the things that don't come my way. I have a wondeful group of friends that I appreciate for who they are, not for how they make me feel.  I do what I do and finally that is enough for me. I love the feeling of satisfaction from nothing but everyday life, it means that anything else that happens to me tips me over into absolute ecstatic happiness.  It shows me that my cup is already full and just waiting to be overflowed daily.

I now take a huge amount of wisdom from the following quote, I think it speaks of our society today.  Not many are satisfied and spend all their time hunting for something that will never fill the hole inside them.  We are the only ones who can fill them and heal them, this is our journey...and our alone . xxx






“ If you don't appreciate what you already have, then how could you be happier with more”


Wild Woman Challenge
'Everyday Muses...aka Friends'


This is a little something you probably do each day without even thinking of it, but its always best to do things with intention.  Coming from an Inspiring angle rather than a Envious angle will surround your thoughts is good energy too.....so...
Make a list of your closest friends or people you like to be around or think of, they can be personal friends and family, work mates, strangers, or even famous people.  The main thing is you can sense something about their personalities. 
Once you have a list of names, write down a trait they have that you love the best, there are so many wonderful things about other people to admire, so write them down.
Are these traits that you wish to own yourself ?
Can you use your friends as inspiration to be a better you??
This can be a two fold experience, because you can gain the knowledge for yourself and also by concentrating  on others good points, the love multiplys and you bring more of that light into this world.
We need to celebrate each other a little more : )


I concentrated on my good friends that came to my tea party and this is what I came up with.  Try not to think too hard, I pretend that someone asks me about a friend "What is your friend Renee like?" and I answer with the first special thing about their personality that comes to me.



Wild Woman Challenge
'Self Love Portraits'

We all have photos that we love of other people, and I save those beloved photos in the hope that one day I will get off my ass and take them of myself.  Well this week I brought a remote for my camera which means I can set up the photos and click away till I get it right. 
The first one I did was one I love of Stevie Nicks. 
Its good to note that you should try and capture the photo in your style.  Its heart breaking when you give yourself a photo to copy perfectly and its so hard to do, and it feels like an epic fail.  So here is MY version of the Stevie Nicks photo.  Set up took all of 5 mins, dressed on top, pyjamas on the bottom, sitting on my daughters floor with a backdrop stung from her wardrobe to the tree in the other corner. Bedside lamp with no shade, camera sitting on chair with remote in hand.  Yes this is the real world, no studio needed!  Then I 'Picasa' it afterwards and its magic.
So try to dedicate some time to yourself this weekend getting those dream photos done, even better if you can do it with a friend whos willing to have hers done too.
So fun and the results are there for a life time, I always think my grandkids will love photos of me like this.



I think Im gonna print this one out big!
Its nice, you cant see my broken nose! eek!



Self Love Questionaire

Now you have done all your Self Love work, here is a little questionaire to test where you stand in the whole 'Self Love' world.
Print out the PDF Here
I love to do questionnaires and put them away to be read years later, it shows the hugest amount of changes in our life, and are sometimes a good laugh, or a bit sad seeing yourself stuck in a space you thought was unmoveable at the time.
Ohh 'Hindsight' you are a wonderful thing
there will be a questionnaire after each section so keep them all together, maybe for a time capsuel!


Thankyou so much for Journeying with me
See you on Monday for our new topic

which I was going to tell you
but there are too few surprises left in this world
so sorry!! : )

xxx
Sheree


6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a questionnaire time capsule. I may have to do that.

    You look gorgeous in that photo. :) I love it. I would hang it up too if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheree...this is good stuff. I went through an incredible awkward period about two years ago, stemming from a whole life of self doubt and insecurity. I was so uncomfortable in my own skin I couldn't really even be out in public. I found ways to "get comfortable" but this usually involved copious amounts of alcohol, this helped temporarily but I felt so bad the next day and the problem remained. I too have done extensive work to correct these feelings and to begin to love myself. I'm happy to report that after much inner work I have been able to become comfortable with myself and release much of the fear that caused much of my problem. I feel free now and can enjoy being with others and also enjoy being alone. Thank you for sharing.k

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post. I need to indulge in a little self love. :) Especially as of late. Thank you so much for doing all of this, Sheree. Your Stevie Nicks=style portrait is beautiful. I tried to print out your PDF - but it said I didn't have access to it. :( Thank you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheree - I love your portrait! You are a rock-star! :) I will have to come back and print the questionnaire (I'm on my daughter's computer...) Your site is wonderful and filled with some many things to think about. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom.

    blessings, and peace,
    Beth
    (aka - Lady B *Light* from the Goddess Circle)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posts are always so thought-filled and heart felt. I need to visit more often. I need the reminder of breath and openness of the soul you so gently place on the windowsill so the fumes are carried on the wind like a fresh made pie.

    I look forward to creating a time capsule as well, but I also stopped by today to let you know that I completed part of my pay it forward the other day and did a short blog about it. Accepting myself for where I am and how I am in this moment I won't try to compare it to your beautiful posts...just wanted to let you know in case you had not seen. ;)

    Blessings!

    http://thelightifind.blogspot.com/2011/07/along-beaten-path.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Look at what you've been doing in my absence! I'm awed, inspired and oh so proud of you!! Yay!

    What a wonderful gift this is, Sheree...I can feel so much love here, selflessness and encouragement....your open heart saturates like a wave, then pulls back to let us absorb and reflect...

    I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment