Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Nature Girls Winter Fun

School holidays are here and that means we get to spend time just having fun with no timetables for anyone young.  So we gathered our girlie friends together to have some nature fun.

We took to the sea on Poppa's fishing boat and went for a ride around the harbour. it was an amazing winters day, sun shining, no wind.
This is how winter should be... always xxx


the water was soo clear




and the girls enjoyed seeing their home from a different perspective, water to land, not land to water.


our cute babies


and plenty of Native Coatsal Bush


Deserted Beaches


and Nature


To Ponder







and learning about fishing boat thingys
Thanks Poppa the girls had soo much fun xxx


After our boat ride we went to the fairy forest and lit a fire (check out the fairy hovering over Pipi dogs head, theyre both wondering whats for lunch)... but not yet...first..


Fairy Hunting



and then time for pre-cooked cheese sizzlers sausages




with plenty of Watties Tomato Sauce


and of course Marshmallows too



Marshmallow Cheeks


even Louee the kitten came for an adventure too


to hunt for creatures on a Winters Day


We love the adventures we have in this forest below our house, its an amazing cosy forest for the kids, you can see a post I did about it last year HERE. (photo below)


 We come and cook our dinner over the fire and play Bush People, one of my favorite childhood games, I always wanted to be stranded somewhere so I would have to survive.  I have found out recently its a trait of having a 'Libra North Node'.  Soooo Fun!

All this winter fun is great but bring on spring!! I want to get planting some flowers and summer veges : )

Hope your having an adventure where ever you are

much wintery love

sheree
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Oh, it looks so wonderful Sheree, I want to be able to do that with my girls too. Soon, soon, we will get out of this rat-race and head for the hills! By the way, have you tried toffee apples over the fire? They work a treat (require a little more patience than marshmallows, but so worth it!). Just shove your apple onto the end of a decent stick, prick it all over so the juice can run out, hold it over the fire until juice comes to the surface, then roll it in sugar and hold over the fire again so the sugar caramelizes. Repeat as many times as you like, and Voila! Toffee Apples with apple flavoured toffee...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! I love these gorgeous pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheree - Oh how wonderful! It looks like it was an amazing day :) It's so fun to think that you are in winter and I am in a heat wave here where I live. The earth is a magical place indeed! :) We expect heat of over 100 degrees later in the week - I am really looking forward to the cooler weather and dare I say it - snow! I love so your photos of the campfire and the one shot of the color of the sea... Amazing! It looks like you all had such a great time - also I am really enjoy the Wild Woman Journey - the prompts are a great guide! :) many light filled thank you's

    many blessings,
    Lady B *Light*
    Beth :)
    journeybylampelight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. opps - enjoying not enjoy up in the last line...typing too fast! with too many thoughts in my head and my fingers too slow.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is a 'Libra North Node'? I think I might have one of them..!
    What a wonderful adventure.
    Happy days xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fabulous sea journey and landing. Fairy hunting and a delicious bbq complete with marshmallows, who could ask for more? Wonderful winter fun!Wish I were there! :)k

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheree, How magical! Hunting faeries... I want to come!!!! You didn't say but if you were not able to find any then I guess marshmallows are the next best thing!
    Love from the other end of the planet,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. P. S. A Mermaid in the Attic's toffee apples sound wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love seeing where you live...it is a true paradise. I most love autumn and winter - I cannot wait for it to arrive again. We've had some very hot weather as of late. I'm ready for a cool down. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved seeing the babes in their hats and rubber boots....except for Indi....barefoot and fearless :)

    What a wonderful day..and the view from the boat, just amazing!
    ...and is a cheese sausage exactly what it sounds like? I could totally go for one right now!
    I'm off to go get a cup of coffee...I'll be right back to read more of what you've been up to :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment