Thursday, January 14, 2010

Paper Moon Exhibition Preview

Just a snippet for this week as I am super frustrated with my... what shall I call it?? hhhmmm....Shit camera!!
I cant quite capture the jars, well I cant capture them at all actually haha!  new camera next week ohh joy!
On with the show!

All the art is mainly from paper, indian ink, gold leafing and natures treasures
I guess the theme is black and gold with a bit of white flung in....








'click to enlarge'
these are 3D books to either rest on  a table or be hung on wall

All the pages below are framed...they are indian ink and gold leafing



































Now these are the jars that I cannot photograph gggrrr.  but they all have different scenes in them




The one slight success I had!




This circus tent is for the birdcage lamp I am working on at the moment.
They are lamps made from cages with scenes of paper inside.







My floor




These working photos are taken by my darling friend Becky...xxx
Im making a dragon fly jar
















Drawing the girl for the jar





I will try to update each week so that all pieces are previewed before the show
Thanks for taking a look

Sheree xxx

9 comments:

  1. All I can say is "Wow!"

    That is some really cool stuff!

    "The Hen House" and "Letters" are my favorites, but oh, those jars!

    Very good! Can't wait to see more.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work! It's wonderful! There's something grand about using old papers and making something new out of them. I use them in my paintings and sculptures. I especially love your 3D book. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in a shit mood until I read this post and looked through all of your beautiful photos. Thank you. :) Your work is gorgeous and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello and thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog. i can see why you stopped teaching and decided to pursue your other love. your work is very unique and whimsical in a beseeching kinda way...does that make sense? i would love to be a home mummy and craft all day but my $1000 fortnightly pay cheque is very much needed since we aquired a mortgage 3 years ago. i hope i can get out of this feeling and get back into the swing of things. hope to 'talk' again soon
    %*_*% rosey
    p.s. i have another blog if your wish to visit http://icantsewcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, these pieces are *stunning!!!* I'm in love! Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving all of your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your art is completely charming and I love that I have never seen anything like it!
    Plus that rose ring looks grand on you~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey sheree i love "the good wife" hope its till there when i get up to see you... leigh

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment